OSX
CPU
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I followed the instructions on the installation video to a tee. I try to boot up from the usb and it crashes after the apple logo appears.. I recently swapped a 60GB Patriot SATAHD for a WDC 640GB. The new HD is properly connected and shows up in the BIOS settings in AHCI mode, but does not recognize upon first launching the computer,.. the very first thing that is shown..."no disk drive detected!"

I am not sure if this drive issue is causing the problems with the boot. it might do.

My specs for thismachine are:

ASUS P8P67LE motherboard
WDC SATA 640GB
WDC SATA 2GB
16 GBmemory
Intell core i7 3.40ghz
videocard- GeForce (not sure which model)

any help would be appreciated.... been searching these posts for five hours yet.

Cheers;

I am not familiar with this motherboard, but before z87 model, all mobos other than gigabyte needed power management patch. There is article about it.

I didnt see anything in the thread that I could understand too much about how to go about my next step,.. I did however try to boot up the Maverics drive using any of the boot commands,,. ie: -v -x GraphicEnabler- yes/No
PCIroot.....etc.. to no avail.. It still quits right after the logo screen to black and then,... nothing.

I am not sure what to do at this point... I dont know of anyone that can help me fix this issue that is legitimate computer repair technician.

What do you reccommend.? anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back