i5-4670k
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm running into issues getting my audio to recognize my internal microphone. The audio codec this laptop has is the Conexant 20585. Using the AppleHDA Patcher I was finally able to get it to work by using the output of the files created, aDummyHDA, HDAEnabler, Clover Layout-ID 3. I cannot use the DSDT edit or it breaks the audio. I've tried, unsuccessfully to change the layout-id to 4 and 12 based on previous searches but that didn't work either. The microphone and the integrated Webcam are really the only things left to resolve to get this fully compatible.

Has anyone had experience dealing with this audio codec or issues resolving their internal microphone? I'm about at wits end here (and partially sleep deprived).

I'm running into issues getting my audio to recognize my internal microphone. The audio codec this laptop has is the Conexant 20585. Using the AppleHDA Patcher I was finally able to get it to work by using the output of the files created, aDummyHDA, HDAEnabler, Clover Layout-ID 3. I cannot use the DSDT edit or it breaks the audio. I've tried, unsuccessfully to change the layout-id to 4 and 12 based on previous searches but that didn't work either. The microphone and the integrated Webcam are really the only things left to resolve to get this fully compatible.

Has anyone had experience dealing with this audio codec or issues resolving their internal microphone? I'm about at wits end here (and partially sleep deprived).

Editing DSDT is covered in the guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Your profile does not have details on a laptop...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back