Contribute
Register

NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 won't work in Mountain Lion *FIX INSIDE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kind of worked for me... I can now see my USB 3.0 SSD in the System Information, however it isn't mounting or showing up anywhere else. Is there a setting I'm missing, or is there still a driver issue?

That is exactly what I am seeing with 10.8.2. Drives show up in system information under the USB Super Speed Bus, but are not seen as drives by the system. Restored my 10.8.1 image to get things working again until there is a solution. USB3 is a 'must have' for me, not a 'nice to have'.

Works like a charm on a MSI P67A-GD53 (b3) (10.8.2), although it said installation failed. After reboot it got me the USB3.0 speed :thumbup:

This worked for me (i had to reinstall because of a hard drive failure) but now that i reinstalled everything usb 3.0 is working but the computer wont restart or shutdown, it does log off but the machine keeps running, i have to keep pressing the power button to shutdown or press restart button to restart, if i remove the kext computer shutdowns and restart again, my motherboard is p8p67 pro, Any ideas? The weird thing is that it worked the first time. Thanks.

Nevermind. Tried the modified LaCie 1.0.10 driver and this time it worked like a charm, USB 3.0 speeds without needing to replace the stock IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage kexts. Looks like the LaCie 1.0.8 kext had compatibility problems with newer versions of IOUSBFamily.kext (>5.0.1) but that's resolved by LaCie 1.0.10.

I installed the NEC / renesas kext and IOUSBFamily rollback with MultiBeast 4.6.1, NOT 5.0.2. After a reboot my USB 3.0 HDD works at USB 3.0 speed ;)

I do this in a notebook HP Pavillion dv6835es with USB 3.0 pcmcia NEC/renesas on ML 10.8.2 can't boot black screen of death (i fixed reinstalling chameleon)
:(

This worked fantastically for me on 10.8.2 with Asus P7H55D-M Evo

Thank you very much.

Works like a charm on a ASUS P67 B3 Revision (10.8.2), although it said installation failed. After reboot my front and back usb3 ports are alive again. :D

Thanks. This method works to me. My system is
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-BX, Intel I5-2500, ATI 6870.
Mountain lion -> 10.8.2
I can enjoy the speed of USB 3.0 now.
driver I used:
(1)IOUSBMassStorageClass
(2)IOUSBFamily
(3)PXHCD.kext (1.0.10)

My solution for 10.8.2 incl. USB Audio fix

Just install these 4 kexts with kextutility, reboot & enjoy

Attachments

• USB30ML1082.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 731
Works like a charm on a ASUS P67 B3 Revision (10.8.2), although it said installation failed. After reboot my front and back usb3 ports are alive again. :D

This also worked for me. It gave me an installation failed when I rebooted the USB 3.0 port is now alive again.

I'm only getting 31 mbs for writes and 41 mbs for reads. What should the mps be on a fully functional USB 3.0 port?

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back