Contribute
Register

NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 won't work in Mountain Lion *FIX INSIDE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
didnt work for me on Asus P7P55DE-Pro, it gave me install failed had to replace iousbfamily.kext to get my system to boot again

This works on 10.8.1 with the most noname motherboard on this planet and a Logilink USB3.0 PCIe Card with a Renesas chipset that I bought off on Amazon.
Yay!

For those who get "Installation failed" or something similar: Try to install it with Pacifist (a mac app that searches through the pkg of Multibeast and "nearly" installs the required kexts manually)
Just check the app out, If you're somewhat familiar with how to get something working you will love Pacifist because it sometimes can save you allot of trouble :)

This works on 10.8.1 with the most noname motherboard on this planet and a Logilink USB3.0 PCIe Card with a Renesas chipset that I bought off on Amazon.
Yay!

For those who get "Installation failed" or something similar: Try to install it with Pacifist (a mac app that searches through the pkg of Multibeast and "nearly" installs the required kexts manually)
Just check the app out, If you're somewhat familiar with how to get something working you will love Pacifist because it sometimes can save you allot of trouble :)

Can you please tell me what you are referring to? Are you saying that you are using the LaCie drivers on a non LaCie USB3 card and they are working fine? How about non LaCie drives?

Just said cold_dog, the multibeast setup failed when tried to install both of options. I used pacifist to extract .kexts too, and install using "Kext wizard" and later "Kext Utility" to repair permissions. After reboot everything works fine, USB3.0 works in a Asus P7P55d-e !

Thanks!

Install Failed but finally after reboot USB 3.0 is ok :)

Motherboard : EVGA X58 Classified 3

Sleep es no bueno por nada.

This no longer works under 10.8.2. Had to restore my 10.8.1 image to get USB3 working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back