Contribute
Register

Nec-Renesas D720200 chip issue on ga-z68x-ud5-b3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update:

In the meanwhile I had a few successful shutdown/reboots and could not reproduce the sidebar and status bar issue.
Though the finder window keeps closing when ejecting the USB device, but only when the device ejected had been highlighted (e.g. it´s content displayed) during ejection. :crazy:

Say Heading said:
Update:

In the meanwhile I had a few successful shutdown/reboots and could not reproduce the sidebar and status bar issue.
Though the finder window keeps closing when ejecting the USB device, but only when the device ejected had been highlighted (e.g. it´s content displayed) during ejection. :crazy:
No such thing has happened to my system...everything seems to be fine, altough I only tested those usb with 2.0 devices...maybe the problem is elsewhere :crazy:
Edit:
I see you have UD7, my board is UD5... the hub is the same, though

Say Heading said:
Update:

Closing Finder window is normal if selected volume or folder residing on volume is the same you are trying to eject.

customac said:
Closing Finder window is normal if selected volume or folder residing on volume is the same you are trying to eject.

You are right, it has always been like that and mentioning it was misleading in this context. But new was that afterwards the sidebar and status bar settings had changed.
Opening a new finder window showed a naked window like in old OS 9 times.
Quite confusing when you´re not aware of how to set it back to "normal".
But anyhow and strange enough: This behaviour could not be reproduced so far and also no further kernel panics. Feels like the system has to settle after an update until it runs stable again :?

Maybe an effect of lion´s kernel caching concept?

Say Heading said:
customac said:

You are right, it has always been like that and mentioning it was misleading in this context. But new was that afterwards the sidebar and status bar settings had changed.
But anyhow and strange enough: This behaviour could not be reproduced so far and also no further kernel panics. Feels like the system has to settle after an update until it runs stable again :?

Last time I saw this behavior - was TotalFinder issues after 10.7.2 update, so I just removed it and Finder is happy w/o this plugin.

Say Heading said:
customac said:

So - what's the BOTTOM LINE here? Is the new SXHD next working with the UD5/UD7 mob's and the VIA 810 Hub/Renesas USB3?

Just finished migrating into my new box, hate to mess with it (and have to RE-DO it).

My Sonnet Allegro card is running kinda "spotty" at the moment - can't decide if it wants to recognize my USB3 Seagate External. I'd RATHER have all the onboard USB3 ports working at full speed...

Rick

SickRick said:
So - what's the BOTTOM LINE here? Is the new SXHD next working with the UD5/UD7 mob's and the VIA 810 Hub/Renesas USB3?
(...)
I'd RATHER have all the onboard USB3 ports working at full speed...

Good question: I just made another clean install of 10.7.2 (due to other issues) and did not install the MB USB 3.0 support.
Strange is now that I still get the "super speed bus" in system information, before it only was "high speed bus".
But anyway the displayed speed maximum is still up to only 480 Mbit/s.

I guess I continue waiting patiently...

Say Heading said:
SickRick said:
(...)
I'd RATHER have all the onboard USB3 ports working at full speed...

Good question: I just made another clean install of 10.7.2 (due to other issues) and did not install the MB USB 3.0 support.
Strange is now that I still get the "super speed bus" in system information, before it only was "high speed bus".
But anyway the displayed speed maximum is still up to only 480 Mbit/s.

I guess I continue waiting patiently...

I got that on my initial install too - but only got USB2.0 speeds moving files - whereas I got 3.0 speeds off the Sonnet card (even though it won't connect a drive now)...

Though there Allegra shows up as this:
web.jpg

the attached drive does copy at 2X the speed it does than when connected to a 2.0 port.

Rick

SickRick said:
the attached drive does copy at 2X the speed it does than when connected to a 2.0 port.

Okay, I need some hardware to to evaluate the speeds.
As the only reasonable usage at the moment would be SD card reading from the camera I just ordered an I-TEC Card Reader USB 3.0 at amazon.
Once it´s here I´ll do some testing and depending on time post results in a week or so.

SH

Say Heading said:
SickRick said:

Okay, I need some hardware to to evaluate the speeds.
As the only reasonable usage at the moment would be SD card reading from the camera I just ordered an I-TEC Card Reader USB 3.0 at amazon.
Once it´s here I´ll do some testing and depending on time post results in a week or so.

SH

Thx man! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back