CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tony, MacMan, are you aware that Nec-Renesas D720200 chip and 2 x VLI VL810 hubs for USB 3.0 give a lot of troubles with multibeast?
my system hangs on boot and nothing seems to be fine (SL 10.6.8)!
Tried with f7 and f6 bios (and user dsdt), no luck.
Any Ideas? What about Lion?
My set
gigabyte ga-z68x-ud5-b3 rev. 1.0 (bios f6)
intel core i7 2600k
hdd barracuda 2T (two 1T partitions)
hdd barracuda 1T (additional)
sapphire vapor x 6870

Hope this is the right place to ask! :D

My guess is that you tried to enable USB3 on the GA-Z68X-UD5-b3 via the modbin modified LaCie kext. This will definitely cause problems ( as noted elsewhere on this site ). If so, then you need to go into /S/L/E and remove the PXHCD.kext , then rebuild the cache.

Hope this helps!

I have a GA-P55A-UD3 Rev 2.0 and never manage to make usb3 work :banghead: , I try to update the firmware (with win7) but this didn't change anything...
When I plug my WD Essential 1TB it is automatically unplug after 10 seconds ...
So unfortunally I just use the usb2.
As Rx4Mac say their is a lot of posts about this problem on this site, you can use the search engine... maybe a solution will work for you..

harycoz said:
I have a GA-P55A-UD3 Rev 2.0 and never manage to make usb3 work :banghead: , I try to update the firmware (with win7) but this didn't change anything...
As Rx4Mac say their is a lot of posts about this problem on this site, you can use the search engine... maybe a solution will work for you..
I've searched a lot! But as far now, no solution. Vli hubs do not work with osx. Maybe we've got to wait until they'll do! ;)

giacomoleopardo said:
harycoz said:
I've searched a lot! But as far now, no solution. Vli hubs do not work with osx. Maybe we've got to wait until they'll do! ;)

Actually the company site says:

http://www.via-labs.com/en/products/vl810/index.jsp

"Full software support for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and Mac OS 10X and various Linux kernels"

So I wonder where the fault really lies :)

wuzzle said:
giacomoleopardo said:
harycoz said:

Actually the company site says:

http://www.via-labs.com/en/products/vl810/index.jsp

"Full software support for Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2003, 2000, ME and Mac OS 10X and various Linux kernels"

So I wonder where the fault really lies :)

The driver that we have been using for USB3 is a LaCie driver originally modified by modbin. It was ONLY modified such that it would also work with hard drives other than those sold by LaCie. LaCie sells a PCI Express Card for the Mac Pro, and they also sell USB3 hard drives. The driver, as provided by LaCie, will only work with their drives. The PCI card that they sell DOES NOT contain any VLI hub chips ( or any hub for that matter AFAIK ), and therefore was never designed to work with said hub. VLI may not block usage of the hub by OS X, but the driver would need to take the hub into account, and it does not.

Rx4Mac

MacMan said:
MultiBeast 4.1.0 has the latest patched kext.
There's no Via Lab firmware update!
http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/downloads.jsp
The last update is VL810 Superspeed USB Hub Controller Firmware 0.88 – Released May 19, 2011... Are we shure this new USB 3.0 kext v1.0.7 in the latest Multibeast will work with Nec-Renesas D720200 chip and VL810 hub?
I'd like to try, but I need somebody telling me what to do if it doesn't work!
Don't wanna reinstall!!!
I'm shure it will be easy, if you know what to uninstall ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back