Contribute
Register

Nec-Renesas D720200 chip issue on ga-z68x-ud5-b3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
VLI support is unknown and untested.

This kext is known to work with Nec-Renesas and Etron controllers.

Usb 3.0 kext generated boot loop in my system, so I reinstalled lion from scratch: no big deal at the time. Now I wouldn't reinstall it again, if not strictly necessary.
If I test that updated kext, and if it doesn't work, what I should delete to make my system working again?

giacomoleopardo said:
MacMan said:

Usb 3.0 kext generated boot loop in my system, so I reinstalled lion from scratch: no big deal at the time. Now I wouldn't reinstall it again, if not strictly necessary.
If I test that updated kext, and if it doesn't work, what I should delete to make my system working again?
The kext name is listed in MultiBeast.

MacMan said:
giacomoleopardo said:
MacMan said:

The kext name is listed in MultiBeast.
Ok, thx man! I'll post here my results as soon as I can.

So what' the story with this?

Is support for the Z68X-UD5/UD7 VLI hub stuff resolved?

I added a Sonnet Allegro PCIe Card (2 ports. no hub) to get USB3 going...

It'd be real sweet to get the 8 onboard ports working, and free up that slot for (yet) another gadget...

Rick

USB 3.0 kext installed, usb 3.0 hub got recognized and the system seems to be stable, no problem at all.
Unfortunately can't test usb 3 devices: I don't have one.
Thx Mac Man and Tony! :clap:

Attachments

• system.png
    system.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 359
MacMan said:

Thanx MacMan,

I can hardly express how much I appreciate your work.
My next donation is done.

I also can confirm that at least the SuperSpeed bus is now recognized and the system booted well after the update.
I will have to check the USB ports separately but for the time I have no hardware supporting USB 3.0, maybe time to invest in the first 3.0 USB stick...
The speed itself is indicated to be "up to 480 MBit/s" so I guess they will still be operating at 2.0 speed.

Cheers, SH

Attachments

• SuperUSB.jpg
    SuperUSB.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 300
Allright, I observe my first issues here:

When removing an USB device (here: stick) via the "eject" button in the finder window´s sidebar the finder window closes at the very moment I pull out the stick from the USB plug.
When I open a new finder window now it´s appearance has changed:
Status bar and sidebar are gone and have to be reengaged via the finder menu.

On a reboot after this issue I got a kernel panic forcing to restart.

Say Heading said:
Allright, I observe my first issues here:

When removing an USB device (here: stick) via the "eject" button in the finder window´s sidebar the finder window closes at the very moment I pull out the stick from the USB plug.
When I open a new finder window now it´s appearance has changed:
Status bar and sidebar are gone and have to be reengaged via the finder menu.

On a reboot after this issue I got a kernel panic forcing to restart.

So I guess I'll stay the hell away from this one and stick with the Sonnet card for now. At least it doesn't blue-login-screen/hang on boot.

Sonnet has an SXHD kext that may be well worth investigating to see if the deviceid for the VLI 8x can be added...

For now - it looks like the Sonnet Allegro card is the only thing working. Loading it's next though, prevents the existing onboard ports from seeing drives - but mice/keyboards do work (when connected at boot time - I haven't tried hot-plugging them yet).

I migrated my big array over last night (somehow it appears ti be 30GB short) - doing an apps/files migration from my 975XBX2 box, to my new build. Blowing off my clients today - getting my office cleaned up and moving into my NEW BOX (finally)...

Rick
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back