Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated today but still see slower frame rates with games using 10.8.3. Cinebench under ML is 41.58 While using the same system under Win 7/64 I get 54.49.

Using G77XUPTH
32g ram
GTX670

GE=no

I am not seeing many comparisons of frame rates between windows/hackintosh?

I did do the Macbook pro update.

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Because there's no point, two totally different OS using totally different drivers, with windows side especially getting constantly improved drivers while OSX will remain pretty constant.

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

I updated today but still see slower frame rates with games using 10.8.3. Cinebench under ML is 41.58 While using the same system under Win 7/64 I get 54.49.

Using G77XUPTH
32g ram
GTX670

GE=no

I did do the Macbook pro update.
If you had searched on graphics benchmarks you would have found the CineBench is useless on modern NVIDIA cards under OS X as it doesn't support them.

I was trying the HD 4000 on a machine with i7 3370 cpu and MSI H61M-P31 mobo, but when the upgrade to ML 10.8.3 was installed it crashed and I could not get it started. I could never get proper graphics acceleration either. But the installation with GT640 accepted the upgrade perfectly.
The issue with the HD4000 graphics was such, I got resolution OK but had to set it manually I could not select different resolution in System Preferences, well so far so good. I got all programs to run but the screen acceleration like needed in new tab in Safari and Launchpad did not seem to work. ;)

What is the best way to see if Graphics acceleration is working properly? For those more technically astute with similar hardware what is the best performance benchmark and what numbers do you see?

My sleep is also broken. I have the Gigabyte 660 Ti. When I wake from sleep, computer spins up but the screen stays black. Had the exact same problem in 10.8.2. Anyone found a solid solution for this yet?

Try disabling the IGPU in the BIOS, and only have your GTX 660 Ti plugged in. Confirmed on 3 Systems; IGPU+GTX 660 Ti=no wake from sleep. One one test System (Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti), sleep works, but cannot wake. On the other 2 (EVGA GTX 660 Ti, mine included) there is no sleep, just the monitor and USB. Disabling IGPU in the BIOS fixed the problem.

Somebody found a solution about bad luxmark score with gtx 6xx?
Macman? ;-)

Can i install mac os x 10.8.3 OR 10.7.3 on Intel dg31pr motherboard with 3.0 ghz prosessor and radon HD 5450 graphic card

My switch from HD4000 to GTX 650 Ti 2GB Gigabyte works perfectly. My board is B75M-D3H

1) Permission repair, Update to 10.8.3
2) Reinstall sound driver from Multibeast 5.2.1 and reboot
3) Permission repair again. Run Multibeast 5.2.1 and set GraphicsEnabler=No
4) Turn Off computer and Put in GTX 650 Ti, keep the cable attach to HD4000
5) Boot computer and go into BIOS, set Initial display first to PEG, disable onboard graphics.
6) Save and shut down computer.
7) Attach display cable from HD4000 to GTX 650 Ti
8) Boot and Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back