Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the GTX690 also native supported?

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Confirmed a GTX 650 Ti working under Mac OS X 10.8.3 (clean app store install) - dual monitor isn't working, though.

Thanks for the info!

what could be the difference in the gtx660m that it doesnt work even after the update? i can see the card, just 0mb of memory and no acceleration. :( waiting for this ages ago now...
thx

what makes the gtx660m different? it still doesnt work after the update...

what makes the gtx660m still not working? i cannot understand...

Any word on GT 520?

Does anyone know if the 650 ti support extends to the 650 Ti boost cards? Or are those a whole different ball game?

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

It supports all GTX 650 Ti versions.

Just ordered a GTX 660 to replace my GTX 560Ti after the continous struggle with NVDA channel timeout lockups. I'll let you know results when i receive the card.
I'm hoping to solve the current issues with this card once and for all...

Well, I received the card and installed it 2 days ago and all seems to be working great!
Random freezes are gone and haven't seen a NVDA channel time out in the logs since placing it!

One thing though, since i've installed the GTX660 some sleep problems are back... or i should say, wake after sleep problems.
If i put the computer to sleep it wakes up just fine if i do that just a minute after i put it to sleep.
Eventhough if the computer is asleep for a few hours it won't wake up again. The PC wakes up, but the monitor doesn't.

Strange thing is that there are no errors in console.log whatsoever. I just see a message that the pc woke up because of usb (clicked the trackpad to wake it). So if anyone knows a solution to that I would be very very happy.

Other than that, out of the box support of the graphics card is great! No patching whatsoever required, just boot with GraphicsEnabler=No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back