Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Native Support... What about power management? My GTX 680 temperature remains at 59 degrees after LuxMark.

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I got my 660 working just fine by using NVIDIA's driver installer. With no other compelling reason to upgrade the OS, I'm just going to leave it be.

You are so right. Maybe if I find some time I'll make a clone, update and test. And then safely revert. But otherwise, it's true that there's no reason to update.

Worked like a charm for me with my Crysis 3 ready GTX 660. I had not heard about the need to set GraphicsEnabler to no, so I'd get a grey screen at bootup. Fortunately all I had to do was to use the GraphicsEnabler=No boot option and then rerun multibeast.

NVIDIA D14P2-30:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA D14P2-30
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x11c6
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:

with GeForce 650 Ti :\ How come it dosent shows like that?

Hi,

I have a Asus GT630 2gb, this Update resolves the issues with the awake/Sleep?

Best Regradts

For all you users who have choppy/stuttering graphics, take out GPUSensors from FakeSMC, or update to the latest branch from
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Kozlek.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]My GTX 660 Ti runs great with 10.8.3 (with or without APGM edits). However, OpenCL benchmarks are literally cut in half over 10.8.2. LuxMark used to net me aprx 1100pts, now I am barely over 600.[/FONT]​

My 660Ti was retired and I went back to a 460. After updating to 10.8.3 I removed the 460 and tried (for the umpteenth time) to run FCPX without lockups. Alas, the 660TI did its usual stunt: FCPX lockup and blue rectangles. Once again I retired the 660TI and reverted to 460: no lockups and no blue rectangles. Funny thing, I use a 660 TI in my Mac Pro Tower (2008) not a single hiccup.

Go figure.

However, I'm not at all certain a faster video card is of any value with Final Cut Pro X. My benchmarks indicate the there's little to be gained by using the 660TI (I'm excepting Adobe by the way).
Geekbench 64 shows 15,360 and thats at the toip of the range for this kind of Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back