Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

I am in the process of writing up an explanation on what is happening.

Look for the upcoming article "OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks"

Do you recommend still installing the CUDA driver or can that be omitted now?

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

admin please what about NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 nothing now solve its problems.. in 10.8.2 we use the DP3 Kexts and it's working as a charm.. now noway to boot with these kexts.. what's your advices???

I have the same problem with this card,

I spent a very long time troubleshooting the freezes in my ML, all what I thought is the Motherboard, then I finally realized that it's the GTS 450 issue, where it always gives me this "Channel Timeout".Even after the new update 10.8.3.

09:27:00 +0100 kernel[0]: NVDA(Private): Channel timeout!
09:27:20 +0100 kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout!

I would love to see a permanent solution for this problem.

Thanks,

I'm quite happy with my 650Ti running in 10.8.2 with additional nVidia drivers.
Except for some random freezes since 650Ti is not natively supported in 10.8.2
Will definitely update to 10.8.3 when some experienced users have tried it.
P.S: I cannot see the 10.8.3 update in App Store, is it something about my smbios ? (mine is Mac Pro 2009).

I have the GTX650Ti installed and working well. I had updated to 10.8.3 after attempting to install the GTX card the first time. The second time was a charm after updating to 10.8.3 AND updating to Chimera 2.0.1.

Hackintosh's rule!!

admin please what about NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 nothing now solve its problems.. in 10.8.2 we use the DP3 Kexts and it's working as a charm.. now noway to boot with these kexts.. what's your advices???

I have the same card and it's crashes all the time since updated to 10.8.3. Already found no solutions to fix this issue, you'd better to replace it with e.g. GT 640... If you sell your current card you won't have to pay a lot additionally... I think that's what I will do.

Got the gtx660 two week ago, it was a struggle getting it up, it took a chance since there were not much write ups about it, glad I made the change, also upgraded my bios to uefi on a gigabit z68 MB, then I upgrade to 10.8.3, took a day, but it is well worth it.

I have two machines with GT640, works perfectly, but I need to get the HDMI audio to work through the GT640 card. I know that a DSDT edit is needed but i am still new to the Mac OS X so I am a little nervous for the DSDT edit.
I use MSI H61M-P31 mobo and they work excellently and are really cheap :D, only thing missing is the sleep function.
One thing I notice is that when running Solid Works on Parallels it seems to consume much less RAM than in Windows (In parallels from 17mb to 30mb but on Windows it consumes 150mb), can this be correct or is this my misunderstanding or error in Activity Monitor?

Regards
Ural

I have this card in a GA-Z77N. I guess that I can install this under 10.8.3 now, it wouldn't work before, even with the HD 4000 Graphics on the 3570K.??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back