Contribute
Register

Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

I'm using the 650 Ti, working great. Problem I'm having is that when the computer went sleep mode for a while and I move the mouse or the touch the keyboard later, it logs out after sleep mode. never have that problem in 10.8.2

Article: Native Support for NVIDIA GTX 650 Ti and GTX 660 Graphics Cards in 10.8.3

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I got my 660 working just fine by using NVIDIA's driver installer. With no other compelling reason to upgrade the OS, I'm just going to leave it be.

I have a GT650 Ti already working perfectly in my 10.8.2 Ivy Bridge system after some efforts (part reading this forum, part luck :) ), can I choose "update" from the App Store prompt and have 10.8.3 installed or everything will be probably screwed up this way and I need to fresh install?

what happened with the gtx 660 driver installed by multibeast on 10.8.3?
It's better replacing it with the original one by apple? In this case, how can i do this?
Thanks in advance

I've built my first customac (mini deluxe with i5 3570K and GTX 660) two days ago using unibeast multibeast and 10.8.3. I installed using the HD4000 for more safety, with the latest mac mini description, shut down, installed the discrette GPU, plugged the display on the gpu, booted & ran multibeast with old macpro description, rebooted: the card seems to work perfectly so far. I tried a couple of games, CS6 Première and AE.
The card is an overclocked gigabite, which is quiet cheap in France these days (less than 189€ on amazon.fr, launched at 230€ a few months back).

I'll receive my unit monday, that's means I can directly put my 660Ti in the computer during the first installation ?

I don't need to make the first install on the HD 4000 ?

thank you.

I know GT 650 Ti 1GB is in the recommended list. Just not so sure if the 2GB version got the same compatibility or not as the 1GB version.

No Problem with GTX650 on Asus P7P55D Pro. See Attached Valley Benchmark.

Although GTX460se seems to work on Asus P5Q (See Attached Valley Benchmark),

Starting to see a brand new problem with this setup. The screen randomly freezes up with
spinning beach ball and then have to power down with reset/power button. Never freezes
in the middle of graphics intensive programs yet will just freeze up opening and closing
windows, mail, safari etc. on the desktop. Checking Console Program did see some
errors, NVDA(OpenGl): Channel timeout!.

Attachments

• MyGTX650.tiff
    98.8 KB · Views: 195
  • MyGTX460se.tiff
    95.9 KB · Views: 157
Yes, I have GTX 660 and just did a fresh reinstall on ML 10.8 to 10.8.3 update and its working perfect!!!!
New update is very nice~~~!! If you have SSD, ur TRIM support is not going to be enabled when you update to 10.8.3.
You need to get the TRIM ENABLER from here (http://www.groths.org/trim-enabler) to enable the TRIM Support for ur SSD~~!!

I know GT 650 Ti 1GB is in the recommended list. Just not so sure if the 2GB version got the same compatibility or not as the 1GB version.
No problem with the 2gb 650ti. Just make sure to disable onboard graphics in bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back