Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand, but I would prefer to save my 980Ti for the time being, so may be a Sierra/High Sierra installation might be possible with my config? Ok for slide and verbose.
High Sierra will run perfectly. I used MESwan's guide to install and everything went smooth! Currently, I'm using the 9900K with a GTX 1080 Ti running on High Sierra with a Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi mobo. Everything works, except I cannot configure my iGPU for now.

thanks GIOMGIO, I will try then.
Why do you want to configure your iGPU? From my understanding, as soon as a monitor is connected to your 1080ti the iGPU will be turned off by the system.
See this: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3559319/gpu-onboard-video.html
Because I want HEVC and H.264 support. :) If I am right I can only enable this with the iGPU? Besides this everything is working fine with this guide. The only thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that sleep isn't working as well (not important for me though)

Because I want HEVC and H.264 support. :) If I am right I can only enable this with the iGPU? Besides this everything is working fine with this guide. The only thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that sleep isn't working as well (not important for me though)
to my understanding H265 is software (Quicktime), not hardware, so it shouldn't be a problem with your 1080ti.
This may help: https://www.macrumors.com/guide/hevc-video-macos-high-sierra-ios-11/

Once you get igpu setup it will all work. FBpatcher is probably easiest way.

Attachments

• Dual Vegas.png
    Dual Vegas.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.16.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.16.57 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.17.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 9.17.35 AM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 91
I have same your motherboard z390 pro, i use it with 8700k and rx580 i had issue with video playing as i noticed video playing is not smooth even my rx580 shows correctly in info , so I’m going to upgrade my processor to 9700k , do you think this will solve the problem?
And can i use your efi with my build

I have same your motherboard z390 pro, i use it with 8700k and rx580 i had issue with video playing as i noticed video playing is not smooth even my rx580 shows correctly in info , so I’m going to upgrade my processor to 9700k , do you think this will solve the problem?
And can i use your efi with my build

Your 8700k and RX 580 should be perfectly capable of playing back video. You most likely don't have iGPU acceleration enabled. Take a look at this post, you have to add the GFX0 to IGPU patch in Clover and generate a Framebuffer patch with FBPatcher.

Once you get igpu setup it will all work. FBpatcher is probably easiest way.
I tried it many times, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. Maybe it's because I'm running High Sierra? I did all the steps by filling in devices tab - properties in Clover and tried different configurations but nothing works. I tried a few configs with FBpatcher, but also not working. It's not a huge problem for me and if I have more time I will try it again.

Maybe I can install Mojave soon if the Nvidia driver become finally available: :clap:https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/...rivers-be-released-for-macos-mojave-10-14-/57

Attachments

• FB_Patch.png
    FB_Patch.png
    181 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back