Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a generic question, is MultiBeast used in this process?

Unless someone handed you their EFI for the same, exact build profile, I don't see how you can get around using MultiBeast on post-install... At the very least, wouldn't you need to use it to install the boot loader on your system drive?

I have the same cpu & motherboard with 1 vega 64. To clarify, step 5 is done without MultiBeast and it's done manually (copying of the EFI folder to system).

Unless someone handed you their EFI for the same, exact build profile, I don't see how you can get around using MultiBeast on post-install... At the very least, wouldn't you need to use it to install the boot loader on your system drive?

The bootloader is already built on your USB stick. You just need to mount the folder and copy to your OS drive EFI. Generally most of your pre-install will be finding the right combination of kexts and .efi files to even get installed, and post install usually won’t require much more in this regard.

Thanks, hackintosh worked almost flawlessly with some weird errors:
1. Audio works only as a passthrough to my monitor. Mac doesn't see any other devices, and I have AppleALC kext installed.
2. I get random boot failures. After clicking on "Boot macOs from Samsung", I see Apple logo for 1 second and then the forbidden sign. It does not happen when I hit space on that boot entry in Clover. I try to mark verbose checkbox but Clover just hangs. (I can't do anything.) Then I restart the PC, and I can normally boot the MacOs :|

I'm using Aorus Z390 Pro, i9-9900K and Vega 64.

I tried to update Clover through Clover Configurator, but it doesn't work. I'm constantly seeing "Current booted revision: 4674" and "Remote available revision: 4844". I clicked update with "Package" and "CLOVERX64.efi" enabled and nothing :( (Yes, I rebooted.)

Here's my EFI folder:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 63
Thanks, hackintosh worked almost flawlessly with some weird errors:
1. Audio works only as a passthrough to my monitor. Mac doesn't see any other devices, and I have AppleALC kext installed.
2. I get random boot failures. After clicking on "Boot macOs from Samsung", I see Apple logo for 1 second and then the forbidden sign. It does not happen when I hit space on that boot entry in Clover. I try to mark verbose checkbox but Clover just hangs. (I can't do anything.) Then I restart the PC, and I can normally boot the MacOs :|

I'm using Aorus Z390 Pro, i9-9900K and Vega 64.

I tried to update Clover through Clover Configurator, but it doesn't work. I'm constantly seeing "Current booted revision: 4674" and "Remote available revision: 4844". I clicked update with "Package" and "CLOVERX64.efi" enabled and nothing :( (Yes, I rebooted.)

Here's my EFI folder:
You have both Aptiomemoryfix-64 and osxaptiofix2drv-free2000. remove aptiomemoryfix and try that.

Or try this and see what happens. Changed it to boot in verbose and slide-0
also removed the aptiomemoryfix.

if it hangs post pic of the hang.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    18.8 MB · Views: 77
I have same motherboard and processor and graphics card, RX 580, same model. Do you have full acceleration for your GPU. I tried to apply FB-Patcher in my config file and enabled my iGPU. It improve the graphics, but, still with movies, coding H264 and h265 still not playing smoothly. Can you share your updated EFI folder if you enabled your iGPU correctly?

Ok, so I finally was able to update Clover to the newest version and suddenly audio started working, I also removed aptiomemoryfix, added slide=0 and now I don't have any boot problem, previously I had this error:
20190113_122352.jpg

Now everything is fine, Thank you!

I have two more questions to you guys:
1. I have APFS volume, is FileVault 2 going to work without any problems?
2. I see that you also have Vega 64, Mine is running a little bit too loud even though it's not overheating and it's not doing any work:
Zrzut ekranu 2019-01-13 o 12.50.31.png

How can I modify the fan curve and see fan speed? I have that kext recommended in this user build

+ @tsamy I don't know what you mean by acceleration, I ran Diablo 3 at 4k at max settings and I had no problems

Try to play any movies, mkv format, with H264 or H265 coded with any media player, and check if it played smoothly with stuttering.

Last edited:
I downloaded this file: http://4ksamples.com/elysium-2013-2160p-1-minute-sample-footage/ which is in H265, and I played it with VLC with no problems whatsoever. If you have any other files that I could check out for you, then let me know.
I think this HEVC codec not H264, can you try to play any of this videos from this website
http://www.h264info.com/clips.html
I have one question which one is correct to shows the internal graphic card Intel UHD 630 or Intel UHD 630 CL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back