Contribute
Register

My SuperMicro X9DAi restarts every time I try to start OSX install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Pavo: Many thanks for the answer. Xeon is E5-2670 Sandy bridge. I would love to get V2 but $$$ are missing.

I try to install El Capitan but if you have a solution to make that work under Mojave, that would be paradise.

Please find my entire EFI in attachment. Thanks again !!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 70
@Pavo: Many thanks for the answer. Xeon is E5-2670 Sandy bridge. I would love to get V2 but $$$ are missing.
I try to install El Capitan but if you have a solution to make that work under Mojave, that would be paradise.
Please find my entire EFI in attachment. Thanks again !!
Try this EFI, do not add or delete anything. If it doesn't boot, boot with verbose and take a picture or video or where it fails and upload it so I can see what's going on.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 86
Try this EFI, do not add or delete anything. If it doesn't boot, boot with verbose and take a picture or video or where it fails and upload it so I can see what's going on.

Pavo,

Thanks for the new EFI. I replaced mine with this one. But unfortunately, no change at reboot. After selecting the Install drive, the screen stays lit for a while but is full dark, no verbose. And then reboots.

Any change in BIOS that i should try ?

Best

Pavo,
Thanks for the new EFI. I replaced mine with this one. But unfortunately, no change at reboot. After selecting the Install drive, the screen stays lit for a while but is full dark, no verbose. And then reboots.
Any change in BIOS that i should try?
Best
Yeah, first make sure you are on the latest BIOs version, then go into BIOs settings and Restore Optimized Defaults, reboot and go back into BIOS settings and change the following:
Code:
o Advanced Setup Configurations>South Bridge Configuration>EHCI Hand-Off: Enabled
o Advanced Setup Configurations>Super IO Configuration>Serial Port 0 Configuration>Serial Port:Disabled
If it still gives black screen then reboots, hit the spacebar on the drive you are trying to boot and check Verbose and then Boot with selected option. That should give you a verbose output boot. Also the patches I put in the config for the Sandy Bridge CPU is for High Sierra, you probably need to try installing that version.

Yeah, first make sure you are on the latest BIOs version, then go into BIOs settings and Restore Optimized Defaults, reboot and go back into BIOS settings and change the following:
Code:
o Advanced Setup Configurations>South Bridge Configuration>EHCI Hand-Off: Enabled
o Advanced Setup Configurations>Super IO Configuration>Serial Port 0 Configuration>Serial Port:Disabled
If it still gives black screen then reboots, hit the spacebar on the drive you are trying to boot and check Verbose and then Boot with selected option. That should give you a verbose output boot. Also the patches I put in the config for the Sandy Bridge CPU is for High Sierra, you probably need to try installing that version.

OK, done it all. Nevertheless, still no verbose output, black screen and reboot still there. Let me grab High Sierra from the App Store.

I will be back...

@Pavo: So I tried with High Sierra and the new EFI.

Still same issue. No screen and reboot after while :(

@Pavo: So I tried with High Sierra and the new EFI. Still same issue. No screen and reboot after while :(
Are you trying to do this with the GTX 980Ti installed? I think that might be the issue.

Are you trying to do this with the GTX 980Ti installed? I think that might be the issue.

I tried also with an old Nvidia that I had on my shelves and with an ATI. Same result. Despair...

I tried also with an old Nvidia that I had on my shelves and with an ATI. Same result. Despair...
I think you are going to have to upgrade your CPUs to v2 versions. I remember I use to have Sandy Bridge EP along time ago and had a ton of issues with it and finally just bought v2 version with is Ivy Bridge and trust me, its worth the money. Ebay has them pretty cheap. I think I paid $70 for a pair of E5-2670v2. https://www.ebay.com/itm/MATCHED-PA...h=item1cb2c45050:g:DdAAAOSwYUdbT4QB:rk:5:pf:0

Well, thanks anyway for the tips.

For the upgrade, I looked here (Europe) and each processor is around 170-200 Euros. Which is way too expensive for now.

Best !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back