Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

I was playing an online game (smite) waiting for a friend to join in and all of a sudden my screen goes green, it's still on apparently because he saw me online.. just an error with the video. First I thought it was the screen itself, checked and it's fine. So I started trying different hdmi cables, still green. I switched from the video card to the onboard port and there is no green screen. But it loads in a low resolution, it's also very laggy. Very low FPS, even when typing a chat message or text in a browser.

I go to change the resolution settings bit I only have one option. 1024 x 760 or something like that. How do I get the rest of the resolution options? (My screen is 55")

Also, by having the hdmi plugged into the Mother board and not the graphics card, does that mean my machine will be using the on board graphics? Or will my graphics card still be in effect, just not putting out a video signal? (Sorry I'm obviously unclear as to how that part works)

Specs:
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK
GEFORCE GTX 760
BALLISTIX 16G (x2)
Yosemite 10.10.1

If you need any other info, let me know! I'd like to continue using my graphics card.. and not have it as a paperweight. If it's possible to still use the card and just have the motherboard put out the video, how do I get more resolution options?
This machine has been running fine with my settings for over a year, this is the first time this has happened. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks.

Sorry for the typos, BTW. I had to create the post from my phone and I couldn't scroll back up in the text box to proof read before posting! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back