Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X299 Prime Deluxe II
CPU
i9-10980XE
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
You can skip down to PART 2 if you would like.
Alright, i've tried before to get a hackintosh up and running, but had no luck.
Last night I was determined to get it working. I was up until 4:45AM working on it. I got everything to install, but was having laggy graphics. I had unplugged the GPU before installing because I figured that would be easier.

This morning, I tried some more things to get graphics working, but had no luck. I decided to just give up. I was going to go back to Windows. So, I plugged my GPU back in, and my monitors back in. And I figured, hey? Lets just try to boot to OS X one more time just to see what happens.

What on earth!? Everything is working!? I didn't have to use any boot keys?!
I then fixed the audio, setup internet, and a few small bugs I had.

Part 2:
Alright, so here I am. Typing this on my new awesome Hackintosh! Thanks to the forums for tons of help :)

So, here's the only issues I am having at this point:

1) When running, it will randomly freeze and there is nothing I can do other than hold down the power button until it shuts down.

2) When turning the computer on, I can't see anything until it gets to the Login screen. Not even BIOS, it's just a blank screen. (See below for BIOS Information)
This happens when "Initial Display Output == IGFX"
BUT! When the GPU is still plugged in, but I plug one monitor into the motherboard, then I can see BIOS.

When I set "Initial Display Output == PCIe 1 Slot", then I can see BIOS when booting, BUT! OS X will not boot. I get the "boot0" message and tons of random characters after that..

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
GPU: Sapphire HD 7870 2GB Ghz Edition Flex Edition (3 monitors)

BIOS Information:

Load Optimized Defaults
Disable VT-d
SATA mode = AHCI
Initial Display Output = IGFX
Set BootModeSelection to Legacy Only

So, I would really appreciate any help with this! Thanks everyone! :)

My horror story, with a happy? ending!?

You can skip down to PART 2 if you would like.
Alright, i've tried before to get a hackintosh up and running, but had no luck.
Last night I was determined to get it working. I was up until 4:45AM working on it. I got everything to install, but was having laggy graphics. I had unplugged the GPU before installing because I figured that would be easier.

This morning, I tried some more things to get graphics working, but had no luck. I decided to just give up. I was going to go back to Windows. So, I plugged my GPU back in, and my monitors back in. And I figured, hey? Lets just try to boot to OS X one more time just to see what happens.

What on earth!? Everything is working!? I didn't have to use any boot keys?!
I then fixed the audio, setup internet, and a few small bugs I had.

Part 2:
Alright, so here I am. Typing this on my new awesome Hackintosh! Thanks to the forums for tons of help :)

So, here's the only issues I am having at this point:

1) When running, it will randomly freeze and there is nothing I can do other than hold down the power button until it shuts down.

2) When turning the computer on, I can't see anything until it gets to the Login screen. Not even BIOS, it's just a blank screen. (See below for BIOS Information)
This happens when "Initial Display Output == IGFX"
BUT! When the GPU is still plugged in, but I plug one monitor into the motherboard, then I can see BIOS.

When I set "Initial Display Output == PCIe 1 Slot", then I can see BIOS when booting, BUT! OS X will not boot. I get the "boot0" message and tons of random characters after that..

Specs:

CPU: i7-4790k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H
GPU: Sapphire HD 7870 2GB Ghz Edition Flex Edition (3 monitors)

BIOS Information:

Load Optimized Defaults
Disable VT-d
SATA mode = AHCI
Initial Display Output = IGFX
Set BootModeSelection to Legacy Only

So, I would really appreciate any help with this! Thanks everyone! :)

Edit:
Other Information:
I have a Late 2008 MacBook Pro if that helps. I'm running Yosemite on both the MacBook Pro and my Hackintosh desktop.

Okay, I read this post and I see to be having the same issue. When my internet cuts out, my computer freezes. I'm using an Edimax USB Dongle..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back