Contribute
Register

Mult Beast/DSDT - ASUS P8Z68-V Patched Bios ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX ML / Win7
CPU
Intel I7 2600K
Graphics
Asus GTX 550 TI 1gb x2
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys/Gals,

Im Running the patched bios on my system as shown in my Sig.

Now, After Installing, Using PCIRootUID=0 to get past boot screen, i have come unstuck at the Multibeast/DSDT/SSDT stage.

i have been trying multiple combinations of settings in MB and havent had any luck.

Currently im able to boot from HDD with out the USB, tho wierd thing, at start up one screen runs then after the Apple screen it changes to my other screen. i had both working before MB.

And i had Network connection before, after MB Nothing, i havent added any Network Kexts as the Patched bios is supposed to have that ?

Also start up is Very very slow.

im considering another wipe and Reinstall...

But before i do i thought i would consult the Panel :)
Any Ideas ???

Heres a screen shot of my latest MB settings.

Im getting KP on start up, ill try get a shot of that and put it up.

Attachments

• MB 3 Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 1.41.56 PM.png
    MB 3 Screen Shot 2012-08-15 at 1.41.56 PM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 497
---UPDATE---

I Changed the System definition from Mac pro 5,1 to IMac 12,2 and am no longer getting KP.

that leaves me with
- graphics cards not reading right -showing x8 instead of x16 and only seeing one of them.
- Sound not being seen right - 2 channels in and out with no sound being produced. im using ALC892 which is inline with my chipset.
- start up is still quite slow, not sure if im getting all cores happening or not.

Im thinking that with the patched BIOS should i have done a custom DSDT ???

Once this is up n running correctly ill be doing a guide of sorts for others to not have to F*ck around for ages with installs and reboots over and over. LOL

using macpro5,1 requires you to delete the appletymcedriver kext.
if you dont, youll end up with a kp on boot up, as you found out

you need to install the appleintele1000 lan kext in MB for lan to work (unibeast includes the lan driver, which is why it works before using MB).

using macpro5,1 requires you to delete the appletymcedriver kext.
if you dont, youll end up with a kp on boot up, as you found out

you need to install the appleintele1000 lan kext in MB for lan to work (unibeast includes the lan driver, which is why it works before using MB).

Hi samisnake, I appreciate your contribution

I have changed to 12,2 and now no KP, and have installed the intel kext.

just wondering if not using a dsdt is causeing some issues ?

as i have been changing kexts and settings i think i will reinstall to get a cleaner setup.

This is what i have in mind, comments/direction welcome :)
- clean install
- extract DSDT and modify (need to find what mods to do for my graphics)
- run MB and install Chimera
- Mod bootloader to remove non bootable partitions at startup selection and attempt a default time out to one of the OS's
- fix BootMNGR on Win7 Drive, when trying to run win7 from chimera screen it says Bootmngr not installed.

As i am running the Patched BIOS i believe i only need to tackle the following in terms of DSDT/Kexts
- USB 3
- Audio - 892
- Graphics

Anyone Using these types of Mother boards, be sure to ENABLE all C states in the Bios DO NOT leave them at AUTO
after some research on slow performance i found this enhanced the setup a bit. maybe i didnt have the system utilising the CPU right.

select an ssdt option in multibeast.

your plan looks good.
what id mention is that for the 550ti, you need to use a opencl enabler (available in multi beast). im not really 100% on 5xx nvidia cards, but i believe its still needed in mountain lion.

you dont mod the bootloader to hide partitions. you do that from the org.chameleon.boot.plist in the extra folder. that might have been what you meant, just thought id clarify.

on the chimera boot selection, do you see system reserved? if so, use that to boot in win7.
if that works fine, you can rename the sys reserved partition.

Awesome,
So in Multibeast ill select the following
- SSDT for I7
- Chimera
- User DSDT with my modded DSDT on the desktop

ill attempt to include Audio, Network, maybe even graphics fixs with in the DSDT so that i minimise the Kexts added through MB

if i cant do graphics in DSDT then ill add Opencl (ill try this first on this system before reinstall)

I can see system reserved, i havnt tried to boot from there yet, ill try that next.

Yes of course i knew that you mod the org.chameleon.boot.plist LOL, nah i didnt, but thank you for pointing that out. I havent got one in extra atm but i think thats because ive done a DSDT free setup?

select an ssdt option in multibeast.

Sorry, i thought with Patched BIOS we didnt need SSDT ?
is there a list of what the patched BIOS fixes, or which Kexts/settings it takes the place of ?
Just will save on doubling up on patches and fixes which may also cause conflicts.

post 10.7.4, i5 and i7 sandy bridge cpus need to use an ssdt, otherwise you are stuck with the highest and lowest pstate.

there isnt a list, as it only solves one issue- the kernel panicking of the appleintel... kext.
it doesnt replace the need for any required kexts, it just means that you arent forced to use a patched appleintelpowerman.. kext or nullcpu.
essentially as youve flashed that bios, you dont need to focus on any kext fixes for the issue.

coincidentally, i did an install using your board with a friend on his new build recently.

I'm not sure if this helps you, but my p8Z68-V Pro/gen3 works nicely without bios batch (using v. 3402 which is the latest also for your P8Z68-V) and no DSDT (need to use SSDT though). Using the MB 892 kext for audio and AppleIntelE1000 for ethernet + using sleepenabler.kext.
Sleep (and wake-up) started to work after trying several different keybords and mice combinations...Now using Logitech k200 (very basic model which doesn't need a driver even on windows side) and old MX Revolution Mouse.

Only USB3 does not work. I have tried with "hundreds" of different solutions without any luck. Please let me know if you get it working, maybe you neet DSTD fixing for that.

As Samisnake points out you need a fix for 550 Ti (my 560 Ti work oob). There is plenty of discussion on this issue on this site.

What comes to the slow boot times I used this --> http://www.macquacker.com/2012/07/mountain-lion-hackintosh-boot-time.html NB. quacker= b r e a k e r.
This cut half my boot time both with Kingston Hyper X and also with my 750 Gb Samsung mirror drive.

--JRII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back