Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

First, look at this post and get a feel for what I was doing.

Don't mind thunderbolt right now. Thats on a separate Bus that is handled by the SSDT-Mapleridge...whatever it was.

Looking at this photo from the manual of your mother board you can see that the four blue thunderbolt ports are on a bus. In IOReg, if you scroll down until you see XHCI you can drill into it and see ports labeld HSxx, and SSxx. Thats us.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 3.36.15 PM.png

So blue ports are 3.2. Yay. They are also 2.0 ports. When a USB 2.0 port is connected to a 3.x port it will load up as a 2.0 device. In IOReg, you'll see that as HSxx.

All four of those ports will show up on a single HSxx in IOReg because they're bussed like a hub. When you plugin a 3.x device they will show up on an SSxx port. If you grab USBInjectall, and remove you're other USB Port stuff then you can probably see most of them.

Same deal for the Red Ports. They are a bussed together.

Follow the other instructions on the post I sent you and see if you can make you're own map that way. Hell, you can just edit mine!

iiMacPro1,1. I was going to go for Mac Pro but I don't really understand the positives and negatives or SMBIOS, and it was from another forum the basis of booting. I've built my own SSDT's, reused one for the GPU and one for thunderbolt from here!

If I were you, I'd open Hackintool, go to the USB Tab and export a USB Map there. We can edit it together. It'll include the right SMBIOS in it.

Yes, I've done this. The Thunderbolt cards aren't showing this boot for some reason,View attachment 559403but get all mapped. USB, USB 2 and USB 3 for front and back. Albeit the USB-c header is seeming to have issues. But for now I'm not really bothered about that The issue I have is getting Windows to see what I've connected to Thunderbolt if you get me. Windows sees everything else. That's how I mapped all the other ports except Thunderbolt.

I'm just going to give you the best advice I can--get and flash a GC-Titan 2.0 card. This Maple Ridge isn't gonna cut it. USB was an issue for me as well.

Aye, I've just not too long ago got a new case and this tiny board So I've got one PCI lane for a GPU. So, if need be, I'll sack off Thunderbolt. It would be nice to have it, though. I'm not gonna lie. I'ill upgrade to some Thunderbolt gear if so. :):)
Sweet, you booting with that USBPorts.kext now? You can delete the iMacPro1,1-XHC3 from this.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 3.54.53 PM.png

so the maple ridge 4c is cauView attachment 559411sing issues yes? thats the definition of the one you asked me to delete ill shgow you7 now on my end
Possibly, you were just telling macOS from a USBPorts.kext and an SSDT about XHC3. Just slimming things down and seeing what best scenario you can be in.

Finally my new hackintosh is working properly in some capacities (Audio, Network).
I haven't test other things, but I think i'm on the good foundation.

Here are some issues and solution I found during the installation
Install
- Stuck on AppleACPICP. --> add "cpus=1" boot flag , this no need in on SSD's EFI
- Stuck on PCI begin. --> add "npci=0x3000" I still keep this flags on SSD's EFI
- SecureBootModel disable
Post install
- Network (LAN) is not working --> add "dk.e1000=0" boot flag and remove entry from Device properties

Attached geekbench result on Monterey and Ventura (I install Monterey then upgrade to Ventura directly)

Thanks @NorthAmTransAm for this amazing EFI

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2565-12-07 at 18.39.07.png
    Screen Shot 2565-12-07 at 18.39.07.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 2565-12-07 at 19.37.04.png
    Screenshot 2565-12-07 at 19.37.04.png
    109.1 KB · Views: 17
Finally my new hackintosh is working properly in some capacities (Audio, Network).
I haven't test other things, but I think i'm on the good foundation.

Here are some issues and solution I found during the installation
Install
- Stuck on AppleACPICP. --> add "cpus=1" boot flag , this no need in on SSD's EFI
- Stuck on PCI begin. --> add "npci=0x3000" I still keep this flags on SSD's EFI
- SecureBootModel disable
Post install
- Network (LAN) is not working --> add "dk.e1000=0" boot flag and remove entry from Device properties

Attached geekbench result on Monterey and Ventura (I install Monterey then upgrade to Ventura directly)

Thanks @NorthAmTransAm for this amazing EFI
Can I take a look at your EFI? You should be getting a higher multi score I believe!

Have you #'d out the ethernet controller in Device Properties?

Last edited:
Can I take a look at your EFI? You should be getting a higher multi score I believe!

Have you #'d out the ethernet controller in Device Properties?
You are right, when I browse thought 13500K geekbench result it should be around 14000 (windows is much higher than that, this quite sad )
Not sure what going on here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2565-12-09 at 08.57.52.png
    Screenshot 2565-12-09 at 08.57.52.png
    195.5 KB · Views: 20
  • config.plist
    35 KB · Views: 17
You are right, when I browse thought 13500K geekbench result it should be around 14000 (windows is much higher than that, this quite sad )
Not sure what going on here.

Oh, have you disabled E-Cores in your BIOS settings perhaps? Also make sure that Intel Speed Shift is set to Enabled as opposed to Auto. This was a big one.

Back