Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

I installed the BCM94360NG M.2 card instead of the Intel one and WiFi doesn't show up upon installing macOS. Under the integrated peripherals in BIOS, I can only CNVI modules to auto or disabled. Wondering if its a MSI mobo problem or I'm missing a setting somewhere?

I installed the BCM94360NG M.2 card instead of the Intel one and WiFi doesn't show up upon installing macOS. Under the integrated peripherals in BIOS, I can only CNVI modules to auto or disabled. Wondering if its a MSI mobo problem or I'm missing a setting somewhere?
Have you disable the CNVI option in BIOS?
Which brand card are you using?

I just ordered a MSI Z690 Force. Anyone on this thread have one that is working w/ a 13K processor?

Have you disable the CNVI option in bios?
Which brand card are you using?
No its on auto. I should disable it? Hmm, I'll try! :p It's a Fenvi BCM94360NG. It worked on a ASRock motherboard but not on this MSI.

Nope doesn't work. Think it needs to be on auto.

Last edited:
No its on auto. I should disable it? Hmm, I'll try! :p It's a Fenvi BCM94360NG. It worked on a ASRock motherboard but not on this MSI.

Nope doesn't work. Think it needs to be on auto.
Are you saying it wont boot with it disabled? I believe mine is set to disabled but could be wrong.

What PCI slot are you using? I believe mine is the seconds slot down which is super close to the GPU.

It boots into macOS installer just fine but wifi doesn't work. I installed it in the slot I marked in picture. Basically removed the Intel chip for the Fenvi Broadcom.

Attachments

• 1670615024066.png
    1670615024066.png
    302.6 KB · Views: 24
It boots into macOS installer just fine but wifi doesn't work. I installed it in the slot I marked in picture. Basically removed the Intel chip for the Fenvi Broadcom.
I see. If I’m correct, then that won’t work. You need a PCI card.

It looks like the MSI board uses a 16 pin Thunderbolt connection on the motherboard. My Gigabyte Titan Ridge card comes with a 5 pin. I see the Gigabyte Titan Ridge card is in the list of parts used in this build. Do I need a different header cable?

It looks like the MSI board uses a 16 pin thunderbolt connection on the motherboard. My gigabyte titan ridge card comes with a 5 pin. Is it possible to use this card with the MSI board?

Right! We actually dont use the connector. We instead bridge two of the pins together with a short wire. You'll have to a little digging (I believe its pin 1 and 3) but the orientation can get hard. I actually clipped the cables that came with it to achieve this.

Right! We actually dont use the connector. We instead bridge two of the pins together with a short wire. You'll have to a little digging (I believe its pin 1 and 3) but the orientation can get hard. I actually clipped the cables that came with it to achieve this.
Thanks. I just found the post in this thread after a Google search.

Back