Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Hi again @NorthAmTransAm, I've been running your EFI flawlessly (except for sleep which is not very important as I leave my machine on 24/7)

I've updated OC to the latest 0.8.6 and I've been trying to upgrade from Ventura 13.0 to 13.0.1 for a week now. The software update in System Settings throws a 'Your Mac is up to date' message and I couldn't find a way to test the new version. Currently csutil and spctl are disabled. I've tried enabling both but it's still the same. Serial number is also valid. Any advice or have you managed to update to the latest Ventura version?

Update: I tried installing Ventura from App Store and I have to download a whole 12.15GB of installer. Is this the only method or is there any other way? My experience on older hackintoshes (not on this hardware setup) were able to update directly from System Settings when running on Monterey, Catalina, etc.

See if this helps

Post in thread 'MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580'
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/msi-pro-z690-a-ddr4-i7-12700k-amd-rx-580.319149/post-2348978

Yeah, I don't know what this means, mate. No idea what a DMAR table is off memory. I do have SSDTs and all that, yeah.
Doesn't matter. We used to have to prevent a table from loading and load our own. Now it seems we don't have to drop (prevent) that table.

Any luck on your drive connecting as a Thunderbolt device instead of a USB device?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 2.39.04 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 2.39.04 PM.png
    109.2 KB · Views: 21
Is it under Misc > Security > SecureBootModel to J160?

I will try it out. Thanks!
Yep that’s the one! I use the app store as well.

Sleep fix (we'll be included in next EFI)

I know this is a common fix but at one point it didn't work. Alas, working now!

We need to:
  • Add SSDT-GPRW.aml
  • Patch:
    • Find: 47505257 02
    • Replace: 58505257 02
    • Comment: change Method(GPRW,2,N) to XPRW, pair with SSDT-GPRW.aml
    • Dont forget to check off Enabled
One quick note, i'm not sure what my bios setting is at the moment (diving into work), but it is currently waking from USB. You can try wake from bios or OS or USB--experiment! It's slow to go fully asleep and slow to wake so just bare with it.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 8.44.55 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-GPRW.aml
    101 bytes · Views: 28
I have to hard kill the power to the wall for Tthunderbolt to work a lot of the time. It's not working the way its supposed to essentially. I just tried putting a USB SSD in one Thunderbolt port, and the m.2 Thunderbolt enclosure in the other. It's not detecting the SATA drive. I've had to temporarily mount it inside the case.

Not ideal!

It's not showing up as Thunderbolt in the settings, either. That's what I think the issue is like.

One oddity is, if I attach a SSD that's bootable to the front USB 3.1 header, it ejects almost instantly. It's only that USB-c port (not Thunderbolt as they're at the back) that I have quick access to. A correlated observation is that the port when viewed in HackIntool flashes repeatedly, when a bootable SSD with a OS on it is mounted USB thumb drives are fine.

Because you're using an unflashed Thunderbolt Card (on board), and, it being Maple Ridge, you're never going to see it show up in System Settings.

You can however see it in IOReg. Actually, could you download IOReg from here, save, send back here as an attachment to a responding post.

Maple Ridge isn't supported so its amazing we've gotten this far.

Can you also post your EFI without the serials information?

here we go mate
Lets start with this. Open your config and disable USBToolBox.kext and reboot and resend your EFI.

it's not posting now
I see why. Did you build this EFI yourself?

In short, we need to map out our USB Ports. The kext you have called USBToolBox is used to enable a bunch of ports at once. Then, when you map them (find out which ports are which [labeled as HS01, HS02 for USB 2.0 speeds, and SS01, SS02 for 3x speed]), you create another kext called USBMap.

USBMap is basically empty.

This explains a lot about your problems here. Basically most of your ports aren't enabled and we're only allowed 15 total.

Go back to my Post #1 and do some reading on USB!

I have mapped them, but it's USB ports not map. I dont' even know why that's in there.

If you have a USBPorts.kext, you should put it back in your EFI and remove the other two (USBToolBox and UTBMap). Make sure to do it both in the config and in your EFI Folder.

UTBMap.kext, it was the USB ports. I used that recently when trying to map Thunderbolt on Windows. But it does not show up in Windows. What port it is it, what speed is it, or what's connected. It'sjust that there are 4 new ports that have a USB hub connected, and I have two Thunderbolt ports, but the ports both show up as the same hub with no disk in it, just the hub.

One sec, I'm figuring something out for you. What SMBIOS are you using?

Back