- Jul 26, 2018
- MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
- RX 580
- Mobile Phone
oh spam the F11 key at boot my dude. Try other USB ports as well.
okAre you putting the entire EFI folder into the EFI Partition? If you'd like the communities help then please send some screen shots. Specificaly, send us a screen shot of your EFI container.
***OpenCore 0.8.0 EFI***
A few notes about some custom SSDT's and Patches
Note: If you are using the Wifi variant of this board and would like to use your Intel Wifi then you need to remove AirportBrcmFixup.kext and add the OpenIntelWireless drivers. OpenCore will not boot with CNVW (onboard Intel Wifi) enabled in BIOS unless you have the driver installed.
- I've added a patch labeled (commented) Null \_GPE.DTIN. It prevents a 3 second boot hang that exist when Thunderbolt is enabled in Bios. Disable if not using Thunderbolt. Also fully disable all Thunderbolt options in Bios.
- I've included my own USBMap.kext that covers most internal connectors and the back panel I/O. The internal USB 2.0 connection is set to 255 for Bluetooth or USB 2.0 from a Thunderbolt card. No need for any mapping on this build, just follow my guide.
- AirportBrcmFixup.kext is optional.
- OpenIntelWireless.kext is optional
Please refer to this chart for graphics cards as you might need to add the boot argument agdpmod=pikera
Also, please set Intel Speed Step Technology to Enabled in BIOS. Setting to Auto isn't enough.
Lastly, you'll need to add your own Platform Info.
Ok, yes their were some problems. While my current EFI works for an already installed macOS, it will not see an HFS formatted drive (your installer). I've tested and corrected it.I think the problem is with your EFI
I downloaded MacOS montery twice and created the disc
There was the same problem again
Then I went to your previous posts and copied the old EFI file
Boot successfully showed me the installation screen
thank you so muchOk, yes their were some problems. While my current EFI works for an already installed macOS, it will not see an HFS formatted drive (your installer). I've tested and corrected it.
- Added HFS Driver
- Changed Secure Boot Model to Disabled
Please add your serial, and apologies for wasting any of your time.
NP, I'm quite busy so I forget where I left things off sometimes. Good call on the OC switch, I didn't know that was there.thank you so much
Great, I will test again tonight
Has your graphics not been used for Ethereum mining before?
If so, you need to modify the main BIOS of the graphics card again
It is possible that the timing of VRAM and GPU clock and power limit have been manipulated