Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
upgraded to 12.4 to see if it solved the issues of audio drop out and it did, so that is solved thank you
Interesting, what interface are you using?
But my Ethernet is no longer working!

Ethernet is disabled upon boot, (no lights blinking) works in Windows and that. I go into settings and remove the Ethernet connection and re add it which kick starts it. It does find the cable and looks for IP then crashes and boot loops until I remove the Ethernet cable!

At that point the Ethernet is disabled totally again but I can boot and use WiFi!

No matter what I plug in it doesn’t blink or detect it in OS until I repeat the above steps which leads to the crash! hard crash straight back to bios, ran network check, nothing, changed all the settings to auto in Ethernet, nothing, as soon as that Ethernet port is detected the screen goes black!!! no idea where to begin! at least I can boot but with no Ethernet, so I guess its beware of 12.4 or its an easy fix I'm missing. :):)

Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
I use HDMI from the RX580 right now. Working swell.
Oh, and it was Focusrite 2i2

But IO got a Arturia Minifuse2 and that was happening with that, too. It was a bug. Its gone now!

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh, and it was Focusrite 2i2

But IO got a Arturia Minifuse2 and that was happening with that, too. It was a bug. Its gone now!
Sweet! Yeah I had to work out a UAD bug myself. Its easy to feel like a hackintosh problem but its usually not.

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A WIFI DDR4
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've just updated from Monterey 12.2 to 12.4. Afterwards, I'm having intermittent problems with screen recording. Sometimes when I clicked the Stop recording, I got an error message saying "Your screen recording can't be saved". Does anyone else encounter this problem?

Motherboard
MSI Z690-A Pro WiFi DDR5
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got the same build (motherboard is the DDR5 Wi-Fi version) up and running Monterey 12.4 following the instructions on this thread.

The installation was pretty straightforward, with 0 issues.

The Ethernet card wasn't working (the lights turn on when the cable is plugged in but it acts like it is 'frozen' or nonexistent), can still use Wi-Fi though if the cable is unplugged or if the 'network service' priority order is changed.

Had no System Hang-ups nor Reboots till now.

Doing a bit of research I saw some people with different setups removing the entries from DeviceProperties (on the 'config.plist') related to the network card and using this dk.e1000=0 boot argument.

At Dortania's Official Install Guide there's a section with some kind of special notes about Monterey, link here.

This boot-arg had changed, so use e1000=0 if booting Monterey instead of dk.e1000=0 boot argument.

I tested it myself, and it works, but I had to change some advanced options of the adapter in the macOS Network Settings.
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 22.03.19.png

Last edited:
Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
I got the same build (motherboard is the DDR5 Wi-Fi version) up and running Monterey 12.4 following the instructions on this thread.

The Ethernet card wasn't working (the lights turn on when the cable is plugged in but it acts like it is 'frozen' or nonexistent), can still use Wi-Fi though if the cable is unplugged or if the 'network service' priority order is changed.

Doing a bit of research I saw some people with different setups removing the entries from DeviceProperties (on the 'config.plist') related to the network card and using this dk.e1000=0 boot argument.

At Dortania's Official Install Guide there's a section with some kind of special notes about Monterey, link here.

This boot-arg had changed, so use e1000=0 if booting Monterey instead of dk.e1000=0 boot argument.

I tested it myself, and it works, but I had to change some advanced options of the adapter in the macOS Network Settings.
View attachment 550257
Champion, mate! :) Cheers !!!

Motherboard
MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
HD7850
WX20220701-130052@2x.pngWX20220701-130636@2x.png

Hi, my 27" 4K monitor is recognized as 61", what could be the reason for this?

Motherboard
MSI Z690-A PRO WIFI DDR4
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Hi Guys, I have tried following this guide to a T and everything seems to load fine until the computer reboots into the boot-loader screen instead the the apple login screen. I am going to do some troubleshooting tonight but was wondering if anyone has seen this issue come up before? Thanks in advanced.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Intel Core i7 4GHz 4790K
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 680
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Did the build, works like a charm!
Currently running 12.4
Had to do the USB fix before plugging in the front usb in the board to get to the installer (lost some time there, but easy fix).
Also the manual ethernet fix by @tkemp worked for me.
but I had to change some advanced options of the adapter in the macOS Network Settings.
Screen Shot 2022-06-26 at 22.03.19.png

Even sleep works, but have to press the power-button on the case to wake up.
Thanks @NorthAmTransAm for this Golden Build!

Motherboard
MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 580

View attachment 550257
These changes to Ethernet Hardware settings are likely necessary due to your switch and not a shortcoming of this build. The world is littered with 1Gb switches that are not capable of handling the 2.5Gb traffic sent by our hardware. Appropriate network gear processes the traffic properly without the above changes. You solution is a good one for anyone with network gear that cannot handle a 2.5Gb signal. Cheers!

Last edited: