Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Back when this site got started, from 2010 to 2012 most everyone used Gigabyte boards exclusively because they were the most compatible with OS X. The easiest to make a hack with. After all board makers added UEFI by 2013 then people started using Asus and MSI as well. A few people also tried Asrock. So the bias towards Gigabyte and Asus is mostly because those were the two largest brands that work well in a hackintosh. They are usually the first choices because people have previous experience using them and they have the most guides here. MSI makes good boards too but in the past they were not as hack friendly as the "big two" so most people went with those brands. It looks like now with the Z690 chipset that MSI will be a great choice as well.
well, we all can read how the MSI z690i failed the complete install (including Thunderbolt activation).
i just had a conversation with a hackintosher (with paying customers), & he confirmed that z690i & z690 Godlike both did not pass thorough install.
perhaps things will change with future BIOS update(s)

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Yikes. Is the Apollo providing the master clock for the other digital hardware?
No, all the other hardware is analog. The only digital stuff is the Twin and x16. I guess its just a quirk--I'll take it.

Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
I've got the DDR5 variant of your board, and I get audio drop outs:

"issue_type" = overload;

lateness = 7;

"other_page_faults" = 10

On USB 2 in a specific being; Carbon Copy Cloning my applications folder into a network attacked storage, always the same coule of apps, but I thought apps cant or shouldn't be able to crash coreaudiod like this? it seems the app would crash first!

Any insights would be great. Music production PC here, and, under load, it drop out sound for a noticable amount of time!

I have USB ports mapped!

Lovely work, BTW!

Motherboard
MSI z690 A
CPU
i7-12700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi! Anyone use HDMI for display? Current plan is to upgrade my monitor. However, due to my budget, I may only have HDMI on my new monitor. Pls advice.

Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
Hi! Anyone use HDMI for display? Current plan is to upgrade my monitor. However, due to my budget, I may only have HDMI on my new monitor. Pls advice.
I had a few issues with hdmi and sleep/wake, go im on display port now it seems alright on HDMI if you disable sleep mate

Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
well, we all can read how the MSI z690i failed the complete install (including Thunderbolt activation).
i just had a conversation with a hackintosher (with paying customers), & he confirmed that z690i & z690 Godlike both did not pass thorough install.
perhaps things will change with future BIOS update(s)
Thats a shame, I was looking at that board and Fractal nano

Motherboard
MSI Z960-A Wifi
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
MSI Z960-A Wifi bios updates anyone? cant post event one more update above my current, I have to roll back! having issues with audio dropouts and thinking it might be a bios update is required!!!!

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've got the DDR5 variant of your board, and I get audio drop outs:

"issue_type" = overload;

lateness = 7;

"other_page_faults" = 10

On USB 2 in a specific being; Carbon Copy Cloning my applications folder into a network attacked storage, always the same coule of apps, but I thought apps cant or shouldn't be able to crash coreaudiod like this? it seems the app would crash first!

Any insights would be great. Music production PC here, and, under load, it drop out sound for a noticable amount of time!

I have USB ports mapped!

Lovely work, BTW!

Interesting, what interface are you using?

NorthAmTransAm

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4
CPU
i7-12700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I use HDMI from the RX580 right now. Working swell.