Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

OpenCore 0.8.5 for macOS Ventura

Update: I replaced the EFI with a V2--I forgot I left a UAD Device Property in place.

While this thread seems pretty maintained by others I still want to at the least leave my experiences and current EFI around.

macOS Ventura works great! Ethernet is working by disabling the device property with a #. If using Monterey then simply removed the #.

Please add your own serial number as mine has been removed.

Heads up, you'll need to approve a lot of extensions and apps. I recommend opening Security & Privacy settings, hitting cancel on any prompts, then hitting allow in the settings. It'll take some time, just be patient.

Attachments

• EFI 085 Ventura V2.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:

While this thread seems pretty maintained by others I still want to at the least leave my experiences and current EFI around.

macOS Ventura works great! Ethernet is working by disabling the device property with a #. If using Monterey then simply removed the #.

Heads up, you'll need to approve a lot of extensions and apps. I recommend opening Security & Privacy settings, hitting cancel on any prompts, then hitting allow in the settings. It'll take some time, just be patient.
It looks like your and my mobo are slightly different in some details.
Maybe my EFI will be helpful to anybody. Could I post this one here?

It looks like your and my mobo are slightly different in some details.
Maybe my EFI will be helpful to anybody. Could I post this one here?

Whats the difference in the motherboards?

I don't know ;)
But there are some differences in behavior - Ethernet, for example.
Okay, let's drop this idea.

Doesn't bother me either way! For Ventura I had to remove the device property to get it working. Would you mind trying out my latest EFI a few post up? Dont forget your serial.

Doesn't bother me either way! For Ventura I had to remove the device property to get it working. Would you mind trying out my latest EFI a few post up? Dont forget your serial.
Yepp, I tried. Ventura loaded, Ethernet is OK.
PS/2 keyboard and BT dongle are out of duty - this was expected without necessary kexts.
Some USB devices was out of order: my USB map differs with your, I'm using all the USB connectors on mobo.

Yepp, I tried. Ventura loaded, Ethernet is OK.
PS/2 keyboard and BT dongle are out of duty - this was expected without necessary kexts.
Some USB devices was out of order: my USB map differs with your, I'm using all the USB connectors on mobo.
Oh I haven't attempted anything with PS/2 yet. Report your findings when you do!

Use your map :)

Oh I haven't attempted anything with PS/2 yet. Report your findings when you do!

Use your map :)
I'm using beloved oldschool ps/2 keyboard ;)
VoodooPS2Controller.kext for it and BlueToolFixup.kext for my BT dongle helps me.

Update: I replaced the EFI with a V2--I forgot I left a UAD Device Property in place.

This works extremely well out of the box for my MSI Z690-A DDR5 (without WiFi as I'm using Fenvi T919) + exact same CPU + Radeon RX 5600XT.

I have tried building OpenCore from scratch with the initial guide on page 1 but it kept getting stuck after choosing my boot drive. I have been trying for the past 3 days without any luck.

Great work on the EFI sir!

Back