Contribute
Register

MSI GE60 2PE - AppleHDA and Video out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I have rechecked the settings and I am quite sure that the integrated graphics is what controls the HDMI output of the second monitor. You believe that this method would be appropriate.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295584-disabling-nvidia-optimus-card-on-all-laptops/

If not, what method you recommend?

Thank you.

That is a method for disabling nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits. Which is relatively simple:
- find the SSDT with _OFF for your nvidia
- call _OFF from _INI in that scope (could be in the same SSDT or a different one)
- include the patched DSDTs for the bootloader to load instead of the OEM ones

But it probably won't help with enabling the HDMI port (unrelated).

That is a method for disabling nvidia via DSDT/SSDT edits. Which is relatively simple:
- find the SSDT with _OFF for your nvidia
- call _OFF from _INI in that scope (could be in the same SSDT or a different one)
- include the patched DSDTs for the bootloader to load instead of the OEM ones

But it probably won't help with enabling the HDMI port (unrelated).

And do you think that can serve to activate vga?

And do you think that can serve to activate vga?

OS X does not support VGA. When you get HDMI to work, use an HDMI->VGA adapter.

OS X does not support VGA. When you get HDMI to work, use an HDMI->VGA adapter.

Then I'm in impasse. Is there any method that can function to activate HDMI ?. I feel my persistence, but I do not know how to solve.

Thanks.

Then I'm in impasse. Is there any method that can function to activate HDMI ?. I feel my persistence, but I do not know how to solve.

Thanks.

You should probably examine ioreg as you plug in an HDMI monitor (make sure the monitor is set to the correct input). See if you see anything happening. Also, same goes for looking at system.log.

Well, I would like to thank you sincerely for all their help.

Many many thanks!

Well, I would like to thank you sincerely for all their help.

Many many thanks!

Note: The reason I say to start looking into what is going on is that I have HDMI working no problem on HD4400 on my Lenovo U430. It just works ... and I'm using the same ig-platform-id as you are. It is likely a mismatch in the framebuffer connector table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back