Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion will ONLY boot in Safe Mode!!!!! Please Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright so I recently had a friend help me build a custom HTPC. I followed tonymacs setup instructions exactly (using unibeast) and used the multibeast settings from another post where someone used the same mobo as me. Anyways, I spent 2 hrs last night scouring the forums/googling the issue but couldn't get any of the solutions to work. Posting here as a last resort :(

Here are my HTPC components:
Gigabyte Technology GA-Z87N-Wifi moboIntel Core i3-4330 HaswellSilverstone ML05B CaseSilverstone ST45SF Power SupplySamsung 840 SSD (primary)Western Digital 500gb HDD (storage)

I ran verbose mode and this is where it stopped, just completely lost and have no idea what to do now:
995506_10151696332301309_681023066_n.jpg

I've spent 5+ hours on this already, installing the Mac OSX 8 times or so (using different methods). Unibeast was the only one I could get it to actually go to desktop via safe mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for being such a nube :)

Also there is no sound, wifi, or bluetooth enabled. I'm not sure if that's what's effecting it but would also like help with that :)

first off make sure you have legacy only turned on in bios (default it is set to EUIF and LEGACY)

set your ram to the right speed
save and exit bios

load up osx via safemode
run mulitbeast
use:
easy install
ALC892
chimera (newest one)

reboot

should boot up fine.
now do the fakeSMC patch and HDMONITOR
reboot should be good to go.

only catch I'm running into is that on HD monitor it says my PCH DIE is 127c :(

i have a GTX760 but the built in video does work.

hope this helps

Thanks! I will try that as soon as I get home and let you know how it goes! :)

first off make sure you have legacy only turned on in bios (default it is set to EUIF and LEGACY)

set your ram to the right speed
save and exit bios

load up osx via safemode
run mulitbeast
use:
easy install
ALC892
chimera (newest one)

reboot

should boot up fine.
now do the fakeSMC patch and HDMONITOR
reboot should be good to go.

only catch I'm running into is that on HD monitor it says my PCH DIE is 127c :(

i have a GTX760 but the built in video does work.

hope this helps

Hmm...well when I changed the BIOS settings, booted in safe mode but when I try to install anything from MultiBeast I get "The Installation Failed". I tried re-downloading a fresh copy, still no luck. It doesn't need to be hooked up to the internet for it to install does it?

Hmm...well when I changed the BIOS settings, booted in safe mode but when I try to install anything from MultiBeast I get "The Installation Failed". I tried re-downloading a fresh copy, still no luck. It doesn't need to be hooked up to the internet for it to install does it?

Cancel that, I rebooted and it boots up normal!!!! Sound even works! The only 2 things I don't have working are bluetooth and WiFi. Any idea how to set those up?

no but it sounds liek somthing is funky with your install.
start fresh wipe OSX
then try the multibeast settings i said below.

should work.

when i was fighting with this issue i had done a dsdt installation first and when i still had to boot through safe mode i used the easy option and it worked.

also try installing chimera without multibeast. download the newest from tonymac from the DL section

not off the top of my head. IDK if both bluetooth and wifi works.
I know you can get blue tooth working.

think you need a separate usb wifi card.

but i may be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back