Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything went smooth here, except that i've hit the restart button (yes :p) before restoring the battery and audio kexts, but 10.8.3 booted fine.

I had to use the patch-hda for audio and now is good. For some reason my trackpad not working well at all. Skipping around. Can i use some kext from 10.8.1 or 2?

Thanks guys!
Everything is working, but I don't have ATI7000Controller Kext in my SLE.. and my ATI 7430 dosen't work.

I had to use the patch-hda for audio and now is good. For some reason my trackpad not working well at all. Skipping around. Can i use some kext from 10.8.1 or 2?

What is the history of your install? Have you used Probook Installer v6?

Thanks guys!
Everything is working, but I don't have ATI7000Controller Kext in my SLE.. and my ATI 7430 dosen't work.

It is there, but I"m not sure how much good that is going to do:

Code:
# From Terminal
Speedy-ML:usb3.git Admin$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/ | grep -y 7000
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 11 04:39 ATI7000Controller.kext

I have 4730s with 7430 Radeon... and ATI graphics doesn't work when I installed 10.8.3 update.
Do I have to edit Boot.plist or DSDT.

And yes it is there... :D
Code:
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/ | grep -y 7000
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Mar 11 05:39 ATI7000Controller.kext

Hi everybody,

Today Apple released 10.8.3 (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1640).
Anyone already tried to install it? Please report problems or incompatibilities.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: From the first comments these are the problems (and the solutions):

Some users had to re-install the 10.8.2 Patched AppleHDA to get the sound working again
Some users had to run TRIM enabler to re-enable TRIM for their own SSDs
Some users had to re-install AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to get the battery status working again
Some users reported they don't need anymore IOAHCIFamily and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA kexts

another update -
increase in fan noise/fan speed. this is just general web browser open. wasnt' like this in pre 10.8.3, maybe they updated the thermal system code for osx?

i know playing the game csr racing makes the pro book fans scream at maximum. at the moment its about 50% there.

do a fresh dsdt but without fan patch for testing? or its not related?

or maybe update ssdt?

putting hand at the exhaust air outlet the air is still very cool. but the fan noise is quite annoying. almost hear a grinding like sound, like the bearings or something maybe just build up of dust.

I have 4730s with 7430 Radeon... and ATI graphics doesn't work when I installed 10.8.3 update.
Do I have to edit Boot.plist or DSDT.

These laptops use some kind of switchable graphics (mine has only HD3K so I don't know the details) and that is different from a desktop setup where the ATI7K is always enabled.

I don't know if there is anything that can be done to make it work or even if it is possible... Somebody with the hardware and the appropriate skills will have to take a look at it.

These laptops use some kind of switchable graphics (mine has only HD3K so I don't know the details) and that is different from a desktop setup where the ATI7K is always enabled.

I don't know if there is anything that can be done to make it work or even if it is possible... Somebody with the hardware and the appropriate skills will have to take a look at it.

When you boot your boot.plist should be NPCI enabled or something like that, idk. Then you should have ati graphics enabled. I don't know wich one to enable or disable to make it work. Btw, switchable graphics should be enabled in BIOS, even I'm using HD3k.

Apple uses optimus with nvidia for switching graphics.

I found something interesting.

http://gfx.io/ This is an application for switching graphic cards. But I can't use it cause, apparently, I don't have mac with two graphic cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back