Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything went well here. Both on my desktop and the Probook:

- Before I ran the update, I took a look at the update in Pacifist.
- Saved a backup of AppleHDA.kext, and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to a folder on my desktop.
- Installed the update.
- After the update finished, but before restarting, I installed the two saved kexts above using Kext Wizard.
- Reboot.
- Ran Trim Enabler to re-enable Trim for my SSD.
- Reboot again.
- Repair Permissions & Rebuild Caches in Kext Wizard.
- Reboot again.

For my desktop it was the same scenario, but without AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext.

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext was updated, but I don't use the patched version anyway, so it makes no difference to me. Those of you who do use the patched version for HDMI audio and/or VGA will want to keep a copy of the old one (until BigDonkey has a chance to provide patched versions of AppleHDA and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB).

There was no update to AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, so there is no risk of KP problems should you forget to restore patched kexts before restarting (or even if you applied the update via Mac AppStore Software Update).

BTW, they improved mouse response, greatly reducing the noticeable lag in previous versions. I notice this more on the desktop using my Logitech USB/wireless mouse than with the HP trackpad.

Some users had to re-install AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext & AppleACPIPlatform.kext to get the batterystatus working again

If you're using my battery manager, you should have only AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext. And it is updated in 10.8.3, so you will definitely have to re-install it.

With properly patched DSDT, you don't need AppleACPIPlatform rollback... (we don't use one with the Probook).

Note:

IOAHCIBlockStorage is updated, so it will be interesting to see if anyone needs the AHCI patch (eg. unable to boot using Kernel Cache because of "still waiting for root device...").

Note:

IOAHCIBlockStorage is updated, so it will be interesting to see if anyone needs the AHCI patch (eg. unable to boot using Kernel Cache because of "still waiting for root device...").

Till now, nobody reported problems with it.
You were using the AHCI patch before the update?

Thanks!

Till now, nobody reported problems with it.
You were using the AHCI patch before?

Thanks!

Tons of trouble with it on these forums and elsewhere with 10.8.[012]. It is device dependent (specific HDD/SSD).

I was using it before the MacBook/MBA 2.0 ML update (which you had to force to install). That update made it unnecessary for me.

Tons of trouble with it on these forums and elsewhere with 10.8.[012]. It is device dependent (specific HDD/SSD).

I was using it before the MacBook/MBA 2.0 ML update (which you had to force to install). That update made it unnecessary for me.

With the new 10.8.3 update nobody have reported problems with it yet.
BTW, after the update, some people had this message: "CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.37 / Update required". What is it?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back