Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
anything attached to USB ports when this happens?
On the notebook nothing beside the integrated stuff (BT, webcam). On the desktop i have just a hub, keyboard and mouse.

And on the notebook i think my "wake from USB" is disabled. Now is sleeping, i want to see if is something that happens regularly or was just a "glich". But on the desktop it happens regularly (but rarely, maybe 2-3 times a night)... But then again i am not sure its related to 10.8.3 on the desktop since it happened on 10.8.2 (if my memory doesn't deceive me), but on 10.6.8 was perfect.

On the notebook nothing beside the integrated stuff (BT, webcam). On the desktop i have just a hub, keyboard and mouse.

And on the notebook i think my "wake from USB" is disabled. Now is sleeping, i want to see if is something that happens regularly or was just a "glich". But on the desktop it happens regularly (but rarely, maybe 2-3 times a night)... But then again i am not sure its related to 10.8.3 on the desktop since it happened on 10.8.2 (if my memory doesn't deceive me), but on 10.6.8 was perfect.

Happens on my desktop too. Sometimes I put it on sleep over the night and I found it awoken in the morning. Happened in 10.8.2 as well. I thinks it's a BIOS stuff we need to deal with.

Happens on my desktop too. Sometimes I put it on sleep over the night and I found it awoken in the morning. Happened in 10.8.2 as well. I thinks it's a BIOS stuff we need to deal with.

When it happens, look in your system.log for the cause. Search for 'Wake reason'... That should help narrow things down a bit.

When it happens, look in your system.log for the cause. Search for 'Wake reason'... That should help narrow things down a bit.
Will try, but for me it wakes and goes back to sleep a few seconds after.

Will try, but for me it wakes and goes back to sleep a few seconds after.

That's ok, the wake reason should still be in the log. As long as you know the time that it happened, you can probably be sure which one...

That's ok, the wake reason should still be in the log. As long as you know the time that it happened, you can probably be sure which one...
Code:
3/19/13 4:23:27.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1d000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

Edit:
and on Desktop:
Code:
3/17/13 1:07:04.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
3/17/13 2:55:16.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
3/17/13 4:43:28.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
3/17/13 6:31:40.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
3/17/13 8:19:52.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: RTC (Alarm)
I disabled "wake for Ethernet network access" in the "Energy Saver" that should probably do it on the Desktop...
I will also leave the notebook sleep over night and see if it had any wakes in the morning.

Edit2:
The desktop slept fine now...
And the notebook did not wake up over night neither, maybe was an unusual glitch.

Please, can somebody confirm the whole mountain lion 10.8.3 app (4.44 GB) md5?

Thanks in advance!

So my friend updated his dell n5110 yesterday not realising it would break things..

ive solved issues with no display, got it booting fine, and everything running apart from wireless and ethernet, so it seems a controller for both is broken?

Could somebody give me some Idea what kext might break both of these?

Ive tried replacing IONetworkingfamily, and IO80211Family kexts with the original ones Id used to get things up and running, but no success.
I'm not sure of every kext that has been replaced in the update process, or, what else happens that could of broke this, I still havent updated my probook.

Thanks

Rob

Hi all, just wanted to say that the update from 10.8.2 to 8.3 went smoothly. After the combo update, I used my backed up sound and battery kexts. After the first restart some graphical glitches happened but a permission repair and a restart solved it. Everything is running smoothly without any issues so far (Trim enabler also runs without any issues with my Vertex3). Good luck for everyone!

The update from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 went smooth. As RehabMan pointed out how to update, after that I used AppleHDA.kext and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext from the backup folder, then restarted & repair permissions and rebuild cache & restarted again. There is only one glitch, which I have experienced on previous Mountian Lion versions too - Bluetooth doesn't work on boot (sometimes it works, but rarely), when Probook sleeps and after wake up, Bluetooth is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back