Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I patched my own dsdt but now im a little bit confused. The last step that guide says is to copy the patched dsdt to extra/dsdt.aml.
In extra folder there is also a file named dsdt.dsl. Should i overwrite the contents of dsdt.aml with patched dsdt contents? Or replace the dsdt.dsl with the file i created? ( It has the same extension)

update: all the issues were fixed!! Thanks a lot :)
Should I use this patched dsdt every time after updating the os?

I patched my own dsdt but now im a little bit confused. The last step that guide says is to copy the patched dsdt to extra/dsdt.aml.
In extra folder there is also a file named dsdt.dsl. Should i overwrite the contents of dsdt.aml with patched dsdt contents? Or replace the dsdt.dsl with the file i created? ( It has the same extension)

update: all the issues were fixed!! Thanks a lot :)
Should I use this patched dsdt every time after updating the os?

Once you place it in /Extra/dsdt.aml, it will stay there unless something else overwrites it. OS X updates won't touch it.

RM, new 10.8.3 update doesn't affect the DSDT patches, right? I mean, the patches you made remain the same or you have to change/modify something?

No need to do anything w/ DSDT or patches... That would only be if they changed something that required DSDT edits to fix...

Quick question, what do you think about this: get AMD 7xxx cards running with QE/CI under 10.8.3 (http://translate.google.it/translat...rBlogEntry&entryID=236#profileContent&act=url).

Don't know. I don't have any such hardware.

No need to do anything w/ DSDT or patches... That would only be if they changed something that required DSDT edits to fix...

Don't know. I don't have any such hardware.

Ok. Last question: Before the update I was using the AHCI patch. Now I'm using the 10.8.3 version and Apple have updated the IOAHCIBlockStorage, so the patched version I was using has been overwritten by the new one, right? And the fact that the laptop boot without problems, it's mean that I don't need the AHCI patch anymore, no?
zoltankr completely removed the IOAHCIFamily.kext from his S/L/E without any problems (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/92636-mountain-lion-update-10-8-3-released-3.html#post567997). I tried to do it too, but I had the waiting for root device problem.

Thanks!

Ok. Last question: Before the update I was using the AHCI patch. Now I'm using the 10.8.3 version and Apple have updated the IOAHCIBlockStorage, so the patched version I was using has been overwritten by the new one, right? And the fact that the laptop boot without problems, it's mean that I don't need the AHCI patch anymore, no?

Yes, same thing happened to me when I updated 10.8.2 w/ MacBook/MBA 2.0 update. IOAHCIBlockStorage was updated there too and seems to work without the bcc9 patch on more hardware... and that update was either a precursor to the version in 10.8.3 or is exactly the same (I haven't looked to see if it is different or not).

zoltankr completely removed the IOAHCIFamily.kext from his S/L/E without any problems (http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/92636-mountain-lion-update-10-8-3-released-3.html#post567997). I tried to do it too, but I had the waiting for root device problem.

I don't think the system would work without IOAHCIFamily... It is one of the kexts that provides access to SATA AHCI devices...

I removed the patched one. I'm using the vanilla IOAHCIFamily (10.8.3).

are u fix amd radeon hd7650m?

I just only wanted to say that I followed Rehabman post #3 and everything worked like a charm. Thanks a million and for newbies like me, I would suggest to follow Rehabman guidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back