Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to report that this did not work for me. It wasn't a total disaster but graphics started screwing up, I lost sleep and shutdown abilities, and USB3 stopped working. The trackpad was also much more sensitive. I think I will stick with 10.8.2 for now as it is almost flawless for me.

I just tried again to update to 10.8.3 and so far no issues. I copied AppleSmartBatteryManager,AppleIntelSNBGraphics, AppleHDA, and PXHCD from /S/L/E before executing the update from 10.8.2. Then I restored them after the install was done but before I rebooted. I have a freeze on start up; not sure if that is a one time thing or not, but other than that, no problems.

I just tried again to update to 10.8.3 and so far no issues. I copied AppleSmartBatteryManager,AppleIntelSNBGraphics, AppleHDA, and PXHCD from /S/L/E before executing the update from 10.8.2. Then I restored them after the install was done but before I rebooted. I have a freeze on start up; not sure if that is a one time thing or not, but other than that, no problems.

You could have skipped the backup/restore of PXHCD.kext because it is a 3rd-party kext and therefore not touched by Apple's update. The other kexts I mentioned in my post.

What is the history of your install? Have you used Probook Installer v6?

Yes. Upgraded from 10.8.1 to 10.8.3 Combo. Update installed with an error message at the end. Trackpad now working, it is just too fast.

Yes. Upgraded from 10.8.1 to 10.8.3 Combo. Update installed with an error message at the end.

That's a bad sign. I would do a fresh install.

how about TRIM enabler? is it working?

how about TRIM enabler? is it working?
Works on mine and i did not see anyone in this forum complain about it... So is quite safe to say that it will work now if it worked before.

update -

ext usb mouse / kb and rhs usb2 ports - random disconnects.
mouse would randomly stop working, laser light under the mouse would turn off and not come back on until i unplug and plug it back in.
same as keyboard no response but the caps lock key and and other lights would stay on, but no input repsonse until unplug and replug back in.

Did anyone else noticed "random" wakes from sleep (just for a few seconds and it gets back to sleep), first i tough it was just on my desktop, but i saw it once on my notebook too? Any ideas what my cause that?

Did anyone else noticed "random" wakes from sleep (just for a few seconds and it gets back to sleep), first i tough it was just on my desktop, but i saw it once on my notebook too? Any ideas what my cause that?

anything attached to USB ports when this happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back