Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my question is what is the Azalia Codec and should it be set to "Auto" or "Disabled"?
Azalia is not supported in OS X. Is there a BIOS/HD Audio setting? Are we talking about the Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard?

- hdaenabler ok
Not OK!!!
Mountain Lion HDMI audio - Verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist
1. Delete any and all audio enablers (HDAEnabler1, ..8??), helpers (ALC8??), etc.; AppleHDA.kext only.
Delete System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler1.kext, fix permissions and cache and restart.

Not OK!!!
Mountain Lion HDMI audio - Verify S/L/E and org.chameleon.Boot.plist
1. Delete any and all audio enablers (HDAEnabler1, ..8??), helpers (ALC8??), etc.; AppleHDA.kext only.
Delete System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler1.kext, fix permissions and cache and restart.
My bad,
applehda ok.
hdaenabler non existent
got confused with name.
no helper ALxxx

Permission, cache, reboot ok
still no go

I have found a kext and dsdt edit the says it will make the onboard vt2021 work with apple HDA.

When replace the Device (HDEF) section with the one on the site and I get compile errors.
The dsdt edit is wrong. See ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF, layout-id must be edited: from 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
MaciASL/Preferences/iASL/ACPI 4.0
MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/+ with URL:
Code:
https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_alc8xx/master
select Patch
select AMI/Clean Compile
Apply
select Enable Audio ID: 1
Find: 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Replace: 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Apply
Done
Compile
Save
Installed edited dsdt
Delete all Voodoo, Install VT2021 edited AppleHDA.kext.
Restart and reply with new IOReg.

The dsdt edit is wrong. See ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF, layout-id must be edited: from 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 to 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
MaciASL/Preferences/iASL/ACPI 4.0
MaciASL/Preferences/Sources/+ with URL:
Code:
https://raw.github.com/toleda/audio_alc8xx/master
select Patch
select AMI/Clean Compile
Apply
select Enable Audio ID: 1
Find: 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Replace: 0x0C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
Apply
Done
Compile
Save
Installed edited dsdt
Delete all Voodoo, Install VT2021 edited AppleHDA.kext.
Restart and reply with new IOReg.

Attached Thanks!
View attachment Ben_Hack_Pro.zip

Azalia is not supported in OS X. Is there a BIOS/HD Audio setting? Are we talking about the Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard?

Yes we are talking about that Mobo. If I disable it my HDMI audio still works in Windows 7. Should AppleHDA HDMI audio work if Azalia is disabled? I've played with it but unsuccessfully. I'll try it again and send you my IOREG's and console Logs.

Yes we are talking about that Mobo. If I disable it my HDMI audio still works in Windows 7. Should AppleHDA HDMI audio work if Azalia is disabled?
Windows is not relevant. Azalia is obsolete replace by Intel High Definition Audio. AppleHDA.kext does not work unless it sees the codec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back