Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda, didn't we have HDMI Audio working last year even when onboard is disabled or not supported?
Intel High Definition Audio must be present and enabled. ML AppleHDA.kext/AppleHDAController.kext loads with a native, supported or unsupported codec, either onboard codec or HDMI codec or both. If onboard is disabled or not supported and HDMI audio is configured properly, HDMI audio will work. There is a problem with Asus P67/H67 3xxx BIOS where a phantom codec disables all audio, even properly configured HDMI audio.

Looked and there is no ALC8xx.kext in any extensions folder. Should there be? I currently have Azalia, disabled but AppleHDA.kext installed.
Your preAppleHDA IOReg, shoes a Lion AppleHDA and pinconfigs with ALC8xxHDA.kext installed which is why you did not have audio then. Post a screenshot of the BIOS version and the BIOS screen with the Azalia setting (include choices). Can you do a clean install on a separate partition?

Hi, Toleda! How are you?

I've been trying your guide to enable HDMI audio to my ION graphics and no dice: patches for built-in audio won't work since they're only for Intel HD3xxx and 4xxx cards, and the nVidia discrete patches are failing me because my nVidia card is on-board (built-in), not discrete.

Can you help me?

If so, what must i provide? Current DSDT, Ioreg, Apple HDA... (already patched to my ALC269 codec by Mirone and working for everything else btw)?

Thank you very much!

I've been trying your guide to enable HDMI audio to my ION graphics and no dice: patches for built-in audio won't work since they're only for Intel HD3xxx and 4xxx cards, and the nVidia discrete patches are failing me because my nVidia card is on-board (built-in), not discrete.
This is the only instance of ION HDMI audio working, see Post #19, [Guide] Asus AT5IONT-I / Deluxe - Tutorials (The Genius Bar) - InsanelyMac Forum. Unfortunately, it has not worked for others.

Thank you very much indeed, Toleda! Tried that fix, no dice for me either. The problem seems to be that patch follows a discrete HDMI audio pattern (Device (POP6), HDAU) while my graphics are internal (curiously, the ION graphics on the machine shown there is also built-in, but luckily for him, the patch worked anyway).

I found this, just below Device (HDEF) btw:

Device (IGPU)
{
Name (_ADR, Zero)
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Package (0x18)
{
"@0,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},
"@0,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},
"@0,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-A"
},
"@1,compatible",
Buffer (0x0B)
{
"NVDA,NVMac"
},
"@1,device_type",
Buffer (0x08)
{
"display"
},
"@1,name",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"NVDA,Display-B"
},
"NVCAP",
Buffer (0x18)
{
/* 0000 */ 0x04, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00,
/* 0008 */ 0x0E, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x0A,
/* 0010 */ 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
},
"VRAM,totalsize",
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x10
},
"device_type",
Buffer (0x0C)
{
"NVDA,Parent"
},
"model",
Buffer (0x15)
{
"NVIDIA GeForce 9400M"
},
"rom-revision",
Buffer (0x0F)
{
"62.79.65.00.00"
},
"hda-gfx",
Buffer (0x0A)
{
"onboard-1"
}

},

Local0)

That seems to be the right place to make HDMI edits, as long as we take the ION system as a built-in GPU. Amazingly, it seems that an edit was already tried, looking at the code. Perhaps there's something wrong with it?

Best regards and thank you very much for answering.

P.S.: Perhaps, do i have to add a layout ID code below the hda-gfx code?

Thnks very useful guide, i try and comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back