Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get compile errors that I just don't understand.
What errors are you seeing? Compiles fine for me; regarding Warnings and Remarks, ignore. With your audio codec, you have two choices:
1. Voodoo - onboard working, find a way to get HDMI audio to work, no dsdt edits required.
2. AppleHDA - no onboard, HDMI audio only, dsdt edits required.

Reply with your choice.

What errors are you seeing? Compiles fine for me; regarding Warnings and Remarks, ignore. With your audio codec, you have two choices:
1. Voodoo - onboard working, find a way to get HDMI audio to work, no dsdt edits required.
2. AppleHDA - no onboard, HDMI audio only, dsdt edits required.

Reply with your choice.
Option 1 sounds good. I need the onboard audio and HDMI on the GT640 to work if its possible.
Is there a modification I can make to the voodoohda KExt so it sees my gt640's hdmi audio?

It compiles OK until I add in the bits that are for enabling the hdmi audio. I'll re try it tomorrow and see what they are if it helps.

Thanks!

Hey toleda, can you edit my DSDT to work with HDMI audio? Whenever I try to compile mine it gives me an Error Code 4064.

Audio Device Sub-Device Codec ID Codec Name
0x80861E20 0x18491898 0x10EC0899 Realtek ALC898
0x80861E20 0x18491898 0x80862806 Intel HD 4000 HDMI
0x10DE0E0A 0x38422680 0x10DE0040 Nvidia (Unknown)

Dunno if you need those or not so I put them there just in case.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    14.1 KB · Views: 89
Can anyone help me with my dsdt to enable hdmi audio?My specs are asus maximus iv extreme z ,i5 3570k,nvidia geforce gtx 570 palit graphics card.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    19.1 KB · Views: 63
Hello Toleda,
First of all thank you for all the time you spend replying to us noobz about this topic.

I do not use DSDT before as I managed to get almost everything to work but HDMI Audio.

I have followed your guide Easy Guide ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/ 7 Series MB
I patch and compile fine without errors !

After the edits of the DSDT, cache rebuild and permission repair, remove HDA kext, i reboot fine but either problem occurs randomly.

- One audio line disapeared and HDMI appeared in System Report but not in system preferences.
- ALL audio disapeared and no audio is available (But AirPlay)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602843/ioreg.ioreg - after mod
http://db.tt/bD2u8EqG - DSDT orig

I don't care about onboard audio, so as long as i can get HDMI Audio to work im good.

1.TV connected to Mac
2. Tv Name Samsung/ Yes all ok
3. my file is .aml
4. MSI Z77A-G45/3570k/HD4000/2.9 BIOS/

I have read everything i could about this topic, English is not my mother tongue so i may misinterpret few things.
Any idea were to digg ?
Regards,

Attachments

• tv.png
    tv.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 300
I have followed your guide Easy Guide ML: HDMI Audio/HD4000/ 7 Series MB
I patch and compile fine without errors !

After the edits of the DSDT, cache rebuild and permission repair, remove HDA kext, i reboot fine but either problem occurs randomly.
The iIOReg shows the edited dsdt was not installed and there is no AppleHDA.kext. Install the edited dsdt.aml in Extra and use MultiBeat to install the correct AppleHDA.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back