Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much indeed, Toleda! Tried that fix, no dice for me either. The problem seems to be that patch follows a discrete HDMI audio pattern (Device (POP6), HDAU) while my graphics are internal (curiously, the ION graphics on the machine shown there is also built-in, but luckily for him, the patch worked anyway).
Your definition of discrete and internal is not correct. ION/GT210 is a discrete graphic system, it runs on the PCIe bus like all discrete graphics cards. Integrated graphics is when the CPU and GPU are in the same package or in the same silicon. Your term internal simply means the graphics is inside the box like macbookpros or previous generation minis. Those products used HDEF instead of HDAU for HDMI audio. Attach your dsdt and IOReg.

Thank you very much, Toleda! There they go again: View attachment Archive2.zip

About the DSDT, i did the following (based on your instructions):

1. Renamed all IGPU entries to GFX0;

2. Added the linked coded to Device (GFX0): at first, it return me an error (initialize listing longer than package or something like that). Then i removed all other injections, leaving only the linked code: that returned a remark instead of an error (now the list was shorter than the package), but id did compiled so i didn't bother;

3. Replaced the older DSDT and restarted the machine;

4. Got an IOReg with the external monitor connected;

5. Tested HDMI audio: didn't work, but it is listed in System Report (but not in System Preferences). Another change: now my card, which was before listed as a 9400GM, is properly listed as an Asus ION.

P.S.: AppleHDA is patched for ALC 269.

2. Added the linked coded to Device (GFX0): at first, it return me an error (initialize listing longer than package or something like that). Then i removed all other injections, leaving only the linked code: that returned a remark instead of an error (now the list was shorter than the package), but id did compiled so i didn't bother;
Deleted too much, GFX0 should look like this:
Code:
                Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        Store (Package (0x06)
                            {
                                "@0,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"@1,connector-type", 
                                Buffer (0x04)
                                {
                                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                                }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                                Buffer (0x0A)
                                {
                                    "onboard-1"
                                }
                            }, Local0)
                        DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                        Return (Local0)
                    }
                }
Reply with dsdt and ioreg.

Hi, Toleda! Thank you very much!

Tests performed, still no dice, but i'm confident we'll find a solution! :D

Here's the edited DSDT and IOReg (with external monitor connected to the HDMI port):View attachment Archive3.zip

Best regards!

Hi, Toleda!

It's HDMI: i don't have any DVI port in this machine, by the way. Strange... what could it mean?

Best regards!

EDIT: i just saw you asked what is the external monitor. Well, it's a 40'' TV/Monitor. HDMI in my computer, HDMI too in the TV. No adapters.

P.S.: Post 666, lol!

It's HDMI: i don't have any DVI port in this machine, by the way. Strange... what could it mean?
Are you getting video on the HDMI device? It means there may be a hardware problem.

Hi, Toleda!

Yes, video works like a champ, only audio doesn't want to cooperate. Under Windows, both audio and video work without issues. So i don't really think it can be a hardware issue. Really strange that IOReg result :O

Pictures attached: Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 1.58.56 PM (2).jpgScreen Shot 2013-03-05 at 1.56.38 PM.jpgView attachment 48438Screen Shot 2013-03-05 at 1.57.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2013-03-05 at 1.57.28 PM.png

Anyway, here's another IOReg, plus the current DSDT, if i did something wrong the latest time. As before, the TV was connected to the HDMI port (i got the IOReg soon after taking these screenshots): View attachment Archive4.zip

Best regards and thank you very much for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back