Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion does not load after MultiBeast install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turned off the power supply and disconnected the main power plug as well as the auxiliary power plug. Waited bit more than the 5 minutes you suggested. Reconnected everything. Again, for a split second the fan and led lit and then it all died again. If I try to push the power on button again after that first time everything simply remains inert with not even the fan nor the led lighting up. As stated before the mobo power on button is still lit.

All the power connectors to the graphics card were removed when I pulled it out.

Turned off the power supply and disconnected the main power plug as well as the auxiliary power plug. Waited bit more than the 5 minutes you suggested. Reconnected everything. Again, for a split second the fan and led lit and then it all died again. If I try to push the power on button again after that first time everything simply remains inert with not even the fan nor the led lighting up. As stated before the mobo power on button is still lit.

All the power connectors to the graphics card were removed when I pulled it out.

Could you try doing this again, this time removing the battery from the motherboard also.

Turned off all the power. Removed both main and auxiliary plugs from mobo. Also, removed the battery. Waited the 5 minutes. Replugged both power plugs and reseated the battery.

Power on button hit with the cpu fan, power supply fan and led on for a split second then it all died again. Tried 3 times to turn off all power and then hit power on button with the same results.

Is the mobo history?

Turned off all the power. Removed both main and auxiliary plugs from mobo. Also, removed the battery. Waited the 5 minutes. Replugged both power plugs and reseated the battery.

Power on button hit with the cpu fan, power supply fan and led on for a split second then it all died again. Tried 3 times to turn off all power and then hit power on button with the same results.

Is the mobo history?

I wondering if it is either the PSU or the Motherboard. One way to test the motherboard would be another PSU, and vice versa; Have you ever used the test with a paper clip on the PSU? Seems odd since the GPU was installed this happened. Finding which is to fault, I presume they are both brand new and that a replacement would be received immediately from where you bought them.

Did the paper clip test on the power supply. When I turned on the power to the PSU the fan spun for a couple of seconds at high speed and then shut down like when I tried to start up the computer. Is the fan supposed to continue spinning or does it shut down because of a thermostat?

Yes, both the mobo and the PSU are brand new. I believe I have until the 28th of October to return these items.

Did the paper clip test on the power supply. When I turned on the power to the PSU the fan spun for a couple of seconds at high speed and then shut down like when I tried to start up the computer. Is the fan supposed to continue spinning or does it shut down because of a thermostat?

Yes, both the mobo and the PSU are brand new. I believe I have until the 28th of October to return these items.

Generally the PSU will spin the fans and then slow down, even stop in some instances, My Gold rated PSU has a Hybrid mode so that the fans don't even start unless they need too. Not that it helps this matter in the slightest. My suggestion as the Hardware is still new and in warranty would be to take them back. Where did you get them from? possibly the place has a testing facility to help diagnose.

You have removed the Battery, reset the CMOS, unplugged the system. Tested the PSU. Not that you will mention this to the supplier. I'm not sure what else you can try without breaking conditions of the warranty.

The PSU fan did spin at high speed for a couple of seconds and suddenly tapered off until it stopped entirely. The PSU is an EPS 12V 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU. I do not have an extra PSU nor mobo to test against the existing units.

I purchased both the mother board as well as the PSU from Amazon and according to my account can return them by the 28th of October without penalty.

I gather from your comments that I should return both items and replace them. It will be a painful, depressing task to dismantle everything and have to start basically from scratch but necessary since the setup just does not work as is. Is it your recommendation that I do this?

The PSU fan did spin at high speed for a couple of seconds and suddenly tapered off until it stopped entirely. The PSU is an EPS 12V 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU. I do not have an extra PSU nor mobo to test against the existing units.

I purchased both the mother board as well as the PSU from Amazon and according to my account can return them by the 28th of October without penalty.

I gather from your comments that I should return both items and replace them. It will be a painful, depressing task to dismantle everything and have to start basically from scratch but necessary since the setup just does not work as is. Is it your recommendation that I do this?

If I were in your situation, I would double check all of the connections to the motherboard, ensure that no connectors have raised slightly from any of the terminals. As you are going to remove them to send them back to Amazon, I would get your motherboard box and lay your motherboard on it, assemble all the cables once again from the PSU and to the TV/Monitor etc so that you have a (maybe) functioning computer outside the case. There is a power on/off button on the motherboard you can use. This will eliminate all possible errors. It is possible to get a PSU tester to test your PSU for pretty cheap.

Other than this I would be returning my faulty items for a replacement. I feel for you and I know that it is not what you want to do but I don't think there is any other option. Like you said there is no penalty and Amazon are great for returning faulty or any items. I'm sure we can pick up where we left off when your items are delivered.

Wild Willow...

I do thank you for all your patience and assistance. I've already informed Amazon that I will be returning these two items for replacement. Since this was my first ever build it has been a learning experience to say the least. Now for me is the arduous task of taking apart what I so painstakingly put together and then, repeating the same build all over again.

Your help was greatly appreciated.

Wild Willow...

I do thank you for all your patience and assistance. I've already informed Amazon that I will be returning these two items for replacement. Since this was my first ever build it has been a learning experience to say the least. Now for me is the arduous task of taking apart what I so painstakingly put together and then, repeating the same build all over again.

Your help was greatly appreciated.

Its no problem, its a shame that you have a problem with the hardware. Well i can assure you that the second time around will be easier for you. Looking forward to helping you in getting up and running once you receive your new parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back