EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW
Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
New build Z87X-UD5H running Haswell. Successfully loaded Mountain Lion and finished setting it up with passwords and such. Downloaded and installed MultiBeast using just the EasyBeast and DSDT/DSDT free. The only other thing I checked was the GraphicsEnabler=No. MultiBeast loads and everything seems to work fine.

Decided to test my installation by hitting restart. The first screen I get is the mobo screen which defaults to the mountain lion install icon which then goes to the light grey Apple screen with the rotating circular counter beneath the logo. Sadly, it just sits there rotating without Mountain Lion booting.
I have tried hitting f12 at the mobo screen and selecting the SSD where the OS is but I keep getting the stall at the Apple logo screen and the rotating counter.

So close yet so far away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Update: Re-installed both Mountain Lion as well as MultiBeast with same settings. Again, got stuck on Apple logo with spinning counter. After hard shutdown restarted but on the tonymacx Mountain Lion icon I typed in -v -x and hit enter. It was slow as I had to watch all the code scrolling up but it did boot into Mountain Lion with all the changes I had made the first time still intact. It's a clumsy work-around. However, I also detected a new problem... no audio. Tried a set of low end speakers in each of the 6 audio ports... fail.

This is my first build so any help would be appreciated. Still stuck at the Apple logo window with the spinning counter beneath.
Z87X-UD5H Intel Core i7 477 processor Corsair Vengence 16 gb DDR3 Corsiar 650 Watt power suppply TP Link TL-WDN4800 San Disk Extreme 120 GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM It's the basic customac pro build.

I have a discrete GPU card (not installed) but am using the on board card for install. I'm connected to a monitor using the dvi port with the dvi-vga adapter.

This is my first build so any help would be appreciated. Still stuck at the Apple logo window with the spinning counter beneath.
Z87X-UD5H Intel Core i7 477 processor Corsair Vengence 16 gb DDR3 Corsiar 650 Watt power suppply TP Link TL-WDN4800 San Disk Extreme 120 GB SSD Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 7200 RPM It's the basic customac pro build.

I have a discrete GPU card (not installed) but am using the on board card for install. I'm connected to a monitor using the dvi port with the dvi-vga adapter.

Hi Sukebel.

So in your second post you are installing on that hardware, what i7 processor are you installing with, think there is a couple of letters missing. This will make a big impact on your installation. You are installing OS X on the SSD and you have no graphics card installed as of yet? Where are you at the installation stages. What discrete card will you be wanting to use?

Sorry, the processor is the i7-4770k 3.5 ghz 8MB cache LGA 1150. The card I have is the EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW. I did not connect it to the mobo because the tonymac guide I was following suggested using the onboard graphics card for installation of OS and MultiBeast.

I successfully installed Mountain Lion 10.8.5 completing the 2nd portion where you establish password, keyboard choice etc. I downloaded the latest MultiBeast for Mountain Lion and chose EasyBeast & the DSDT/DSDT free initially and Graphics Enabler=NO. When I tried to restart and boot from the SSD I got that Apple Logo window with the counter spinning below it. This is where it hangs and where I am now.
I can clumsily use the -v -x on the start up and get into Mountain Lion. However, when the desktop appears a message greets me saying, "!The disk you've inserted is not readable by this computer" with the options to initialize, ignore or eject. There is no usb stick in any port so I wonder if it's referring to the SSD.
Since the install I've tried MultiBeast again by adding under DISK the 10.8.3 Trim Patch for SSD support. I tried to address the audio problem by adding under AUDIO the kext for Realtek ALC 898. Both attempts did nothing.

Any ideas?

At this point to save you a lot of time I suggest a clean install of OSX, reason you need to select User DSDT/DSDT Free and not EasyBeast also, If you would like me to help with your MultiBeast settings just ask, I am willing to help. You can be up and running in the hour.

Wild Willow, thank you. I will go ahead and to a clean install of Mountain Lion and just use the DSDT/DSDT free option. What about the graphic enabler=no?

Fill out your profile as per the Rules and present this thread with your build specs and I will present you your MultiBeast Screen shot to get you up and running, This will help others assist you and it will help others for assistance. Thanks.

I did the clean install of Mountain Lion as per your request. I downloaded MultiBeast as well. I completed my profile unsure as to which mac to click, opted for the one I just built. I'm using a mini to communicate.

Forgive me for being such a noob but I have no idea how to present this thread.

My build specs are: Z87X-UD5H i7-4470K LGA 1150 EVGA Geforce GTX 670 FTW Corsair Vengence 16 GB SSD Seagate Barrcuda 1 TB 7200 rpm Corsair 650 Watt Modular Series CP-902 TP Link TL-WDN 4800 dual band WIFI

I did the clean install of Mountain Lion as per your request. I downloaded MultiBeast as well. I completed my profile unsure as to which mac to click, opted for the one I just built. I'm using a mini to communicate.

Forgive me for being such a noob but I have no idea how to present this thread.

You have presented the thread with your build description, by filling out your profile, thanks. People can now see what what hardware you have and can compare installation for their builds. You've helped others.

Ok now you have a clean install and are at the stage of installing MultiBeast I have made a screen shot for you. But first check that you have your BIOS set correctly, Initial First Display set to PCI and Internal Graphics set to Disabled.
Here are your the MultiBeast settings.
Screen Shot 2013-10-09 at 21.34.46.jpg

WildWillow...
Thank you much for your help. I do have a question about the bios. I made the changes you recommended.
However, I noticed a change I had made following another person's build with this mobo. He disabled, in peripherals, the Marvell Controller Configuration-namely the GSATA controller to avoid problems with it. Before I do the MultiBeast should I keep it disabled or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back