Contribute
Register

Motu 828 mk3 firewire sound card

HI,
thanks, but after the changes at startup I have to reset nvram?

HI,
unfortunately it doesn't work like that either, is there a solution please?
Thanks
Nic

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-18 alle 12.57.10.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-18 alle 12.57.10.png
    143.5 KB · Views: 14
HI,
unfortunately it doesn't work like that either, is there a solution please?
Thanks
Nic

Hi there.

I am no expert on Motu audio, however looking at that screengrab I have to ask *where* have you installed your kexts?

HI,
my kexts are in EFI/OC/Kexts, but the AppleFWAudio.kext kext can only be added manually
Thank you

...the AppleFWAudio.kext kext can only be added manually

Okay, but *where* have you added them manually?

Where is "Users/nic" ? If that is your personal account then it is the wrong place. Very wrong.

For non-hackintosh kexts, it should go in Main Drive: Library/Extensions. Properly installed, not just copied.

:)

Last edited:
Code:
sudo cp -R AppleFWAudio.kext /Library/Extensions

HI,
I followed this "Ventura doesn't have the Firewire Core Audio extension. I was able to get it to work on mine with a hack. It's a little bit tricky, you need to either disable SIP or allow unsigned kexts with a csr- active-config value of <01>, then you need to manually load a modified version of the Firewire audio kext from Monterey Attached is the kext, you can just put it in your home directory and then load it from the terminal with:

sudo kmutil load -p AppleFWAudio.kext

I made a login script to automatically load it on mine. First time you load it you will have to give it permission in privacy settings. Also it made my Firewire audio interface ask for permission to use the camera even though there is no camera. Lol.

BTW installing it into the system extensions or injecting it with Opencore doesn't work. Manually loading after login is the only way I was able to get this to work."
I tried both leaving the kext in the download folder and in User/nic but it doesn't work....
Please explain in detail how to do it?
Thank you

Code:
sudo cp -R AppleFWAudio.kext /Library/Extensions
Ok, is this command enough? And the kext in which folder should I leave it?
Thanks

Ok, is this command enough? And the kext in which folder should I leave it?
Thanks
the command copies the kext to /Library/Extensions which is where 3rd party kexts go

the command copies the kext to /Library/Extensions which is where 3rd party kexts go
Is this enough? Should it work then or do I need to do something else?
Thanks

Back