And this in Library/Extensions

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 alle 12.32.09.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 alle 12.32.09.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 23
Ok, are there any solutions please?
Thank you
Nic

Only one of the two kexts you installed to /Library/Extensions (/L/E) folder is showing up in the kextstat list, the MOTUFireWireAudio.kext.

The MOTUMicroBookAudio.kext is not loading/showing in the kextstat list. If this is essential for your Firewire Audio device then it won't work.

So how did you install this kext to the /L/E folder? Did you drag & drop/copy & paste it to the folder, or did you use the terminal command you used to copy the MOTUFireWireAudio.kext, amended to suite this kext?

If it was placed in the /L/E folder with a straight copy and paste it won't work. You need to use the following Terminal command, after manually deleting the kext from the /L/E folder.

sudo cp -R MOTUMicroBookAudio.kext /Library/Extensions

Then you need to rebuild the kextcache and repair permissions, for the kext to be used by the system.

Ok, did as you said, rebooted at the end but still no sound...
What can it be'?
Thanks
Nic

Does the kextstat list in terminal now show both MOTU kexts?

If not I think you have two options:
  1. Install macOS Monterey where you know the MOTU Firewire audio device is supported.
  2. Purchase a new USB Audio device, that is supported in macOS Ventura.
Option 1 looks like a winner!

Ok, this is what I see in the kextstat terminal. The MOTUMicroBookAudio.kext seed does not share, I did not constantly follow the procedure and then reboot the system. This kext is not drag & drop/copy & paste status but is installed directly with the driver .pkg of the audio interface
Altrimenti how can I pass from Ventura to Monterey? I won't have any problems with my new programs?
And then let's consider that in the forum whoever supplied the MOTUFireWireAudio.kext was able to get the card to work in Ventura.
Thanks
Nic

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-19 alle 23.34.40.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-19 alle 23.34.40.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 10
I've also read that other users were able to get it to work with a real Mac by hooking up a firewire to thunderbolt 2 and thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter. used a usb-c port. What if I bought a thunderbolt card instead? Which would be right for my motherboard and compatible natively?
Thanks

Do you really want to complicate things by adding a Thunderbolt add-on card in to the mix! Just because something works on a real Mac, doesn't mean it will work the same on your Hack.

The money you would use purchasing the Thunderbolt card, cables and adapters could be better spent buying a new MOTU USB Audio device. One that isn't a 'Legacy' device (2010/11) using 32-bit software designed for use in OS X Tiger 10.4.9.

Not sure if you have a copy of this manual.

Mac Driver/support download page:

Ok, I understand your speech and I agree with it ... but I would like to know how it worked for others ...
Thank you

Back