Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Monterey installation OpenCore 0.8.0 Panic - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi both,

Looks like a corrupt disk to me.

Check two things -

How you obtained/installed macOS? Was it app store or ...?

Any other drives connected at time of installation ?

If you are able to use another mac you should run Disk Utility to apply "First Aid" to the Monterey destination drive, or your installer.

@esafeddie - Thanks anyway for trying. :)

Hi @UtterDisbelief
I was thinking actually the same.. So i went and buy different NVMe SSD today but no luck with a brand new ADATA NVMe. (Bought a model that is working on my other hackintosh).

During the installation i only have keyboard, mouse and a pendrive connected.
So i have right now 3 disks that i have tested with this build:

SSD ADATA XPG NVMe 1TB
SSD ADATA SPECTRIX S40G 512GB

External SSD Drive

Tested the installation on all of them - same problem.
What i have encountered during using disk utility from recovery mode that sometimes the disk utility window was just dissapearing for me - reentered and was able to format the drives APFS.

I feel like im totally stuck. Dont know if its the motherboard, ram, processor or wrong opencore config in this case.

P.S Ive downloaded the MacOs exactly like it is said from the opencore guide.

Last edited:
Guys - ive found one more thing (maybe ive missed it before).
In BIOS settings when i want to disable Secure Boot i get this info: "Secure variable update is locked down"

And i cannot disable Secure Boot - could that be a problem? is that a motherboard issue?

Guys - ive found one more thing (maybe ive missed it before).
In BIOS settings when i want to disable Secure Boot i get this info: "Secure variable update is locked down"

And i cannot disable Secure Boot - could that be a problem? is that a motherboard issue?
try resetting bios and then re check proper bios settings

also make sure to remove any other internal hard drives from your machine

@Feartech
I've resetted the BIOS by touching 2 pins - after that i was able to disable Secure Boot.
But that didint change the outcome - hackintosh still bootloops at this point:

1651361734383.png

Same problem - but i was searching the internet and found that it could be an RTC (CMOS) issue?
Cause after every reboot i get bios error POSTed press f1.
Do you know what is this about?

Last edited:
Yea initially I noticed you had 'DisableRtcChecksum' enabled in the config.plist so with this last EFI, I disabled it and hoped that would at least get you started but it seems there is something more amiss. I am completely stumped why it is proving so problematic.

I know you're using Mac Pro 7.1, have you tried iMac 19.1? You can try it on a spare SSD drive if you have one lying around all you need to do is formulate some new data for the config.plist i.e S/N, SmUUID, ROM etc.
It's worth a shot as some Mac Models prove troublesome on a Hackintosh.

Yes i was trying to use iMac19,1 - i even have other hackintosh running on this SMBIOS.

Have no idea too..
Even found a build that is working for someone on z390-p - created new EFI based on that with my usb map and the same thing is happening.
I even was like - maybe my CMOS battery is not working or something so i replaced it - same result :/

Im thinking of ordering different motherboard.. cause on other hackintosh i have Gigabyte z390 aorus pro wifi and it works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back