550RX
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My specs:

Drive: SSD ADATA XPG NVMe 1TB
Processor: i7-9700KF, 3.6 GHz (No iGPU)
External GPU: ASRock Radeon RX 550 2GB (Patched in config.plist)
MB: Asus z390-p PRIME
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB, DDR4 3200Mhz

Im trying to install OpenCore Monterey following https://dortania.github.io/ even created and fully patched SSDT'S - still no luck.

The installation goes smoothly in the beginning.
First restart at 12 min remaining in MacOs Installation screen.
After restart 29 minutes remaining goes to 20 minutes and restarts again after that i get this panic screen:

panic.png

This hardware configuration was working before on Catalina - wanted to make a clean start with Monterey.
Please help.

EFI in attachment.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 76
Try this EFI Folder on a test USB Drive, I made a few alterations in your posted EFI Folder, hope this works out for you. Good luck.
Hello,
Thanks for trying to help me.
After testing it with our EFI.

It went back to the installer and bootlooped after this screen:

1.png

After this restart i got the same panic as before:

2.png

With thew new EFI its restarting everytime on this point:

obrazek PNG.png

Ok let me have another look and I'll see what can be done. Give me a couple of minutes.

Give this one a try, when you reach the Boot Menu, hit the Space Bar which will bring up a sub menu, select 'Clean Nvram' and then a second time and should induce another Boot, this will remove any latent settings from the last Boot up. Hopefully you'll have more success with this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Ok let me have another look and I'll see what can be done. Give me a couple of minutes.

Give this one a try, when you reach the Boot Menu, hit the Space Bar which will bring up a sub menu, select 'Clean Nvram' and then a second time and should induce another Boot, this will remove any latent settings from the last Boot up. Hopefully you'll have more success with this one.
Ok ive tried it - cleaned nvram with this additional boot menu.
After another boot im getting different point where it bootloops:

obrazek PNG.png

@esafeddie

Now after few restarts it bootloops in a different place again:

obrazek PNG.png

Check your BIOS settings just to insure they are correct, plus I think you should consider changing the Mac Model to an iMac 19.1 as one of the OC Guide recommendations but that is a choice for you alone.

PS - Look here - [Success] ASUS PRIME Z390-P | i5-8600K | UHD 630 | Mojave ... - to get an idea for your BIOS settings.

Last edited:
Check your BIOS settings just to insure they are correct, plus I think you should consider changing the Mac Model to an iMac 19.1 as one of the OC Guide recommendations but that is a choice for you alone.

PS - Look here - [Success] ASUS PRIME Z390-P | i5-8600K | UHD 630 | Mojave ... - to get an idea for your BIOS settings.
Hi,

So what i did:
Updated BIOS to newest version 3006.
I did reset BIOS settings to default and followed the settings from the link u attached - only iGPU settings were not set cause my hardware doesn't have iGPU.
Sadly its bootlooping in the same place. Maybe its cause i have no iGPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back