i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, I've searched all over the forum for an answer to this but haven't found a solution. I'm trying to do a clean install of Mojave and having a hard time getting the USB installer to work. For some reason nothing will show up when I try to boot into my USB. I've tried the UEFI and Legacy options in Uni-beast and also tried placing drivers into the drivers64UEFI folder that people suggested and nothing has worked so far. I'm using a SanDisk Ultra CZ48 32GB and I've followed the installation guide to a T.

Any help/tips/info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Specs:
i7-8700K
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Corsair Vengeance LPX 48GB Memory
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD

Hey guys, I've searched all over the forum for an answer to this but haven't found a solution. I'm trying to do a clean install of Mojave and having a hard time getting the USB installer to work. For some reason nothing will show up when I try to boot into my USB. I've tried the UEFI and Legacy options in Uni-beast and also tried placing drivers into the drivers64UEFI folder that people suggested and nothing has worked so far. I'm using a SanDisk Ultra CZ48 32GB and I've followed the installation guide to a T.

Any help/tips/info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Specs:
i7-8700K
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming
Sapphire Pulse RX 580
Corsair Vengeance LPX 48GB Memory
Samsung 970 EVO 500GB SSD
  • Although a Flash drive upto 32 GB should be OK as the upper limit for size, occasionally I have seen problem with 32GB disk.
  • Try creating macOS Mojave USB Installer using a 16 GB Flash disk.
  • During boot enter BIOS (pressing Del key for Gigabyte MoBo) and open each tab from left to Right and capture screen pressing F12 to take BIOS screen shots to show your chosen options. The USB installer has a FAT32 EFI Partition with a lot of empty space beyond its EFI -CLOVERFileTree where the captured images will be saved each time you press F-12 key and wait for a few seconds for the flash drive to get ready and capture that screen image. Press ENTER at OK to save and move on to the next screen and so on .
  • Try to boot with that USB installer as first boot device in Verbose Mode,
  • If you still cannot see the Installer in Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen, something is wrong with your BIOS Choices or most likely CLOVER .
  • You need to upload both BIOS images and CLOVER to the forum and to do that you can use the following steps:
  • Take that USB to the Mac or Hack it was created.
  • Use the bulleted steps shown in this post->#4 to mount the EFI with CCG.
  • Open EFI and you can see the List of Numbered Images shot from the BIOS in BMP format and the EFI Folder containing your CLOVER.
  • Click open the Blue EFI Folder and Right- click CLOVER > Compress CLOVER > attach it along with your post to the Forum
  • Open each numbered BIOS screen shot in Preview > File > Export...> change the File Name to a Unique appropriate Name (Examples :Boot Option Priorities;Peripherals instead of the default numbers) and change Format : BMP to PNG or JPG and Save it on Desktop to upload to the Forum when all are edited and saved.

Last edited:
I went ahead and tried to make a High Sierra USB installer after this and it worked like a charm, so I went ahead and used it instead of Mojave. You can close this thread. My apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back