i7-8700K
Graphics
RX Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I have been noticing some issues with sleep on my new Hackintosh. Sometimes I am unable to wake up from sleep successfully. In these cases the screens are off and the fans are running, but I am unable to view the log in screen and have to hold the power button to turn off. Sometimes while sleeping my system completely reboots when it has been inactive and in sleep state for a few hours. I use minimal kexts and only do kext injection from CLOVER/kexts/other folder, so I have not directly installed anything in Library/Extensions or System/Library/Extensions. I used FBPatcher to enabled headless iGPU mode for my i7-8700K. Additionally I used FBPatcher to create USBPorts.kext. I connect directly to two LG 4K monitors via the two DisplayPorts on my Sapphire RX 580 (Switching this out for a Sapphire Vega 64 since Newegg dropped the price for Black Friday :)).

Specs are in my profile. I attached debug info, please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_8605.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 134
Hi, I use WhatEvergreen and Lilu, I use Display Ports, no issues, nothing needed in config.plist other then enabling the onboard IGPU

I have a hackintosh with Vega 56 Shapphire and other with RX Shaphire 580, no issues

Best Regards

@MobBarley Yes, most of my issues were resolved when I realized that native nvram was not working with my motherboard. I needed to add EmuVariableUefi-64 which mimics nvram via config file. I manage everything from clover, no kexts manually placed on os.

Here are my kexts now:
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 2.25.05 PM.png

Here are my drivers64UEFI:
Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 2.25.49 PM.png

Attached is my config.plist (I removed most of the smbios info). It is about as minimal and up to date as possible. Have a look.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 247
My hackintosh does not rest completely, it always restarts on the login screen and then only the screen turns off. my motherboard is the GIGABYTE Z170 HD3 DDR3 and an i7 7700K.

My system has been sleeping regularly and I don't want it to sleep at all. Never had this issue before. Clean Mojave install, new EFI with the same "fixins" as a prior working system, including the BIOS and config.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    11.8 KB · Views: 143
  • drivers.zip
    193.4 KB · Views: 121
  • patched.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 113
Hello there,
I set up a Hackintosh and almost everything seems to work well except the sleep mode. When I click on "Sleep", the displays switch off and 10s later shortly before sleeping the fans of my Vega 64 get very loud for about 3 seconds. After that, everything is silent for 1-2 seconds and then the PC switches on again. Wake up for Ethernet connections in settings already disabled.
Any help?

Z170 Gaming K3
RX Vega 64
i7 6700K

Even though i have an i7 6700k i have my config on Mac Pro because otherwise "Quicklook/Preview" won't work.

Dominik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back