Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice. I did tried the order lat night with the same result. Today, I tried to connect both ethernet and wifi and messages is working great. I then unplugged the ethernet cable but left all the settings for ethernet as it. It picked up an internal IP "169.X.X.X" and messages continued to work. However, I do see some network dropping. WIFI signal is still on but my local network share is not available and I can't access the internet site. Reboot the system would solve the issue. Very strange behaviour. Anybody has a solution or tip please share...I need this to work before attempting running cat5 wiring under the carpet again.
Thanks,

I watch this thread because I have a similar build. Same board different CPU and video card.
I cannot remember if anyone ever did HDMI with this board in the thread.
You will not have HDMI audio till you read the HDMI audio guide by Toleda in post installation section.
Reading the guide you will find out how to extract DSDT and mod it for HDMI.
A DSDT does not magically appear in extra file. You make it.

Toleda is very helpful.
He helped me get HDMI audio working on another machine.
Be sure to read his guides till they make sense to you.
You should be familiar with the edit ,compile ,correct error cycle to accomplish this.
There have been some people who read and understand directions and have HDMi audio even though they had little prior experience.
It just takes a while to understand everything

HDMI audio is common with 3225. Your board is common. Someone probably already did this. Try search.
I did not use HDMI on this board as my CPU does not have integrated graphics.

Another solution is Bluetooth audio. This does work. I have used this.

Another is AppleTV with airplay mirroring. This may not work.
It may need the HDMI audio fixes to work and some people have mixed results with Airplay.
I do not have Apple TV.

Using the audio from MultiBeast 5.0.2 works for me as it did for Moarfish and many others. You can find the tool Kext Wizard on line which is good for repairing permissions and rebuilding the cache. Constant problems points to other issues with your installation however.

Adrian B

I just wanted to report that I upgraded to 10.8.5 this morning after losing (for who knows what reason) my second 1080p display (Unsupported Mode from my Samsung 46" TV). I tried installing 10.8.4 and Multibeast 5.4.3 and even 5.3.1, but had zero luck, so I finally took the plunge and gave 10.8.5 a go.

The procedure was almost the same, and I'm running 10.8.5 with Multibeast 5.5.2 with all the original options configured the same. I do NOT have a DSDT configured, but do have the HDMI audio working flawlessly along with the analog output, though not simultaneously (I have to switch between the two).

Also, no problems with:

• USB Bluetooth
  • Network
  • Intel SSD + TRIM
  • Graphics on either screen
  • FRONT audio ports functional (headphone out)

I'm not sure which bios I have, but I'll try to update that here.

So, in short, I installed the 10.8.5 combo update, then without rebooting, installed Multibeast 5.5.2, then moved the /System/Library/Extensions/HDAEnabler1.kext to a backup folder, added this SSDT.aml to /Extra, then ensured the permissions were correct on the boot drive. Reboot -> full functionality!

Edit: it seems I can point Plex's audio output to the analog output which ports directly to my amplifier then to the speakers in the living room, and leave the default system output via the HDMI to the the monitor in my office. Interesting, and most helpful given my multi-room arrangement.

I finally took the plunge and installed 10.8.5 and the supplemental update over 10.8.4. So far everything is working well. Here was my sequence:

1) Installed Multibeast 5.5.2 (lost audio after this update, repaired permissions but did not help)
2) Installed the 10.8.5 combo update. (Before restarting, reinstalled the audio driver from Multibeast 5.5.2, audio returned)
3) Reboot
4) Repaired Permissions
5) Installed the supplemental update 1.0 from software update
6) Rebooted and found that I lost audio (again, tried to repair permissions but did not work)
7) Reinstalled audio driver from Multibeast 5.5.2, rebooted, and audio returned.
8) Repaired permissions

I use the apple bluetooth keyboard with a really cheap usb bluetooth adapter but it works fine (never has woken from sleep)
All USB ports (dont have any USB 3.0 devices to test)
Homemade wifi card
Onboard graphics

So I took the plunge and updated to Mavericks with this motherboard and processor combination. I can report that everything is working fine. I made a UniBeast v3 USB drive and installed over my existing OS X 10.8.4. After reboot, I ran MultiBeast v6 as usual to get TRIM, hardware monitoring and audio back. After that all I had to do to get HDMI audio back was removing S/L/E/HDAEnabler1.kext.

All in all Mavericks doesn't look very different from Mountain Lion to me. I believe a lot of the changes are related to power consumption, which just isn't such a big deal on a desktop.

Just to let people know, I have the same mobo and did a clean install of Mavericks using Unibeast. My processor is an i7 3770k and I have an MSI Geforce GTX 560 ti twin frozer. I've had no problems whatsoever. In multibeast, I chose "graphicsenabler=yes", "lnx2mac' for internet and used the DSDT from my previous mountan lion install, and also apropriate audio drivers.

I can't tell about HDMI audio because my hdmi port has fried, but it carries normaly from a dual-dvi to hdmi cable.

Another successful update here. Mine was mostly painless except for audio. With ML I had the slow boot + unresponsive KB/Mouse with anything later than Multibeast 5.0.2. The audio from Multibeast 6.0.0 also causes slow boot on Mavericks, and the old kext doesn't seem to work any more.

What I ended up having to do is use a SSDT enabler and deleting the HDAEnabler.kext. Details can be found here.
This appears to be caused by the GeForce 210. Sackboyx was working to solve the same issue with ML and he also had a 210.

I also ended up adding in Pstate info to the SSDT since it appears GeneratePstates doesn't work with an existing SSDT. Before adding it to the SSDT I would only get states 16 and 35. Now I get 16,17,18,20,34,35. Although it seems to mostly stay in 16 or 35.

I do get some sound assertion messages in the kernel log with the newer AppleHDA, but it doesn't appear to hurt anything. It boots up faster than ML and sound is working fine.

Sorry for the long post. Hopefully this will help others who might happen to run into this issue with a GF 210 card.

Anyone get the 3.0 USB with ML working on this board? I can run usb 2.0 on the 2.0 sockets but nothing 2.0 seems to work with the 3.0 sockets on the MOBO. I don't have any items that use 3.0 but the 3.0 sockets should be backwards compatible with my 2.0 stuff right? Everything is working great but that is not.

-Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back