Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moarfish:
Will the VGA port work if I use Nvidia 650Ti for my machine?
I'm planning to build a custom mac with Intel i5 3350P + nvidia 650Ti 1 GB, do you think the non-IGP i5 wouldn't cause any problems?

That depends on your Graphic Card but not the motherboard itself. Not all graphic card got all ports working, you better check in the Graphic Section and search for the best card to buy.
The onboard VGA on the B75M will never work. I have tried graphic card ASUS EN210 with this board and have both DVI and VGA work.

You may consider Tony's CustoMac recommended Graphics Card for best compatibility with OSX

@moarfish: i have noticed a problem , after waking up from sleep some times the screen turns blue and i have to hit the restart button !!

Also Why geekbench score in windows is higher than os x ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 9.34.06 PM (2).png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 9.34.06 PM (2).png
    31.3 KB · Views: 218
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 205
@moarfish: If I use Unibeast with ML 10.8.2, are there any changes in installation progress ?

@moarfish: i have noticed a problem , after waking up from sleep some times the screen turns blue and i have to hit the restart button !!

Also Why geekbench score in windows is higher than os x ?

I also get a blink of blue screen when waking up. But never needed to restart. Just a blink.

I also get a blink of blue screen when waking up. But never needed to restart. Just a blink.

what about the geek-bench score ? why windows is way higher than osx ( it should be the other way around or even the same )

I tried my first build with the mentioned components (GA-B75M-D3H, 8GB, GTX650Ti) but ran into some problems.
After building my USB-Stick with Unibeast 1.5.3 and my bought ML everything worked fine, the boot menu showed up.
First problem: Got stuck in boot process (from USB), solved by reading the forum, I used one of the USB3 ports which didnt work
Second problem: Still got stuck in the boot process, now with the Ethernet card. Last message is from the lnx2mac Realtek kernel extension mentioning the MAC address, and thats it. Tried to perform Multibeast on the USB stick to install official Realtek extension, as proposed by the build, but still the lnx2mac is there. Its not in the same folder like the official Realtek extension. Does anybody know how to deactivate this extension?

Thanks from a beginner

I tried my first build with the mentioned components (GA-B75M-D3H, 8GB, GTX650Ti) but ran into some problems.
After building my USB-Stick with Unibeast 1.5.3 and my bought ML everything worked fine, the boot menu showed up.
First problem: Got stuck in boot process (from USB), solved by reading the forum, I used one of the USB3 ports which didnt work
Second problem: Still got stuck in the boot process, now with the Ethernet card. Last message is from the lnx2mac Realtek kernel extension mentioning the MAC address, and thats it. Tried to perform Multibeast on the USB stick to install official Realtek extension, as proposed by the build, but still the lnx2mac is there. Its not in the same folder like the official Realtek extension. Does anybody know how to deactivate this extension?

Thanks from a beginner

I don't think it is the ethernet kext that caused the problem. What is your CPU?
I would suggest remove your graphic card and try if you could get into the installation screen using the internal graphic. (Assume you got a HD4000 CPU)
You could also try to set GraphicsEnabler=No

@moarfish : You don't have any idea if there is something wrong ( the geek-bench difference is around 3000 !!! )

i run os x for 3years on dell inspirion 1525 and the bench score was always higher than windows not the other way around and i take the score as a parameter that every thing run well as windows

I don't think it is the ethernet kext that caused the problem. What is your CPU?
I would suggest remove your graphic card and try if you could get into the installation screen using the internal graphic. (Assume you got a HD4000 CPU)
You could also try to set GraphicsEnabler=No

You were right, after removing the graphic card the boot process was ok, I was able to install ML on the OCZ SSD (it was a 10.8.2 install directly from the Apple store). Booting from SSD was ok, performed MultiBeast on it afterwards and it booted fast and without problems. Added the WLAN card TP-Link TL-WDN4800, no problem.
Then I put in the GTX650Ti again: kernel errors. I changed the plist in Extra GraphicsEnabler=No and booted again. But still kernel errors.
But now its strange: Booting from SSD with manual entry of the GraphicsEnabler=Yes does not work, it says in verbose mode after a dozen pages of normal messages that the boot drive is not available. After turning on the computer in the boot menu both drives (USB still plugged in and SSD) are shown. But when I boot from USB to reinstall the SSD then the SSD is not shown in the device list and in the harddisk utility its also not seen. I tried different SATA ports but its gone.
Any ideas to get the SSD back or to get access to it that I can change back the plist? Could it maybe help when I take it out in an external case and partition it again?

Update: Checked the drive in an external case, was ok. Then checked the BIOS: I dont know how but the SATA settings in the BIOS changed, after reset to AHCI the disk is recognized again.

Nevertheless the GTX650Ti is not running yet...

Hi Moarfish!

I'm so close to having this build fully working, but I'm stuck, confused by these DSDT shenanigans when trying to get HDMI Audio working. I see the guide, but it doesn't make a lot of sense right at the most critical part: Editing and verifying the DSDT edits.

Did I collect the correct info from IOReg?:Graphics == GFX0@2
MEI device id == pci8086,1e3a@16
HDEF layout id == <01 00 00 00>
motherboard audio codec device id == 0x10ec0887

I've got DSDT Editor open with the base DSDT extracted and the code on my screen.
It sounds like this motherboard you used is a series 7 AMI based motherboard?

So, if I did alright til this point, what do I do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back