Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I second the advice from Moarfish.
If you are just doing some (little) video editing, a Core i3-3225 will be enough powerful, for many years.

Yes, this i3-3225 will cost $60 more than the g850 that you are planning.
But as Moarfish said, you won't need to buy the graphic card.

And you will have easy step by step to follow to install, with existing builds like us, here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/73712-many-success-builds-ga-b75m-board.html

Anyway, you should open a topic in the Buying Advice section, with list of all your components, so it can be checked by the experienced users.

wi-fi was up and down - slow - stalled and dropped more times than i can remember, tried all the setting info i could read up on etc, dns to 8.8.8.8 mtu 1453, set ipv6 to off etc, cleared caches, new connections - deleted preference folders and even lion and snow leopard drivers .

Throw away your old wifi card and go pick up TPLink WDN4800. All headache is gone.

TL-WDN4800-01.jpg

I built a box based on exactly this setup, with the only differences being RAM model and the SSD drive.

I'm confused about how to get HDMI Audio working.

Yes, I did notice the link to this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html
But it's pretty confusing for someone new to the osx86 community.

Also, if there are any 802.11N USB WiFi adapters which will be auto-detected by 10.8.2 I'd be interested to hear about them. I was pretty surprised that the Alfa AWUS036H wasn't auto-detected.

I am trying to install my B75M-D3P, i5 3570K but keep coming up with a screen resolution problem after multi beast. The screen on install of mountain lion has a few bits missing (the top finder bar), and when mountain lion first boots after install most of the screen is visible (except finder bar and part of the dock. After multibeast install I get 2 partial displays of the top left hand corner of the screen.

Whats happening?

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Tried changing the monitor to 1080p.

Connected to a 1080p tv with hdmi.

Before multibeast
photo 1-1.JPG

After multibeast (set to 1080p)
photo 2-1.JPG

I have also set up another thread as I would like a quick response.

Thanks

Oli

I built a box based on exactly this setup, with the only differences being RAM model and the SSD drive.

I'm confused about how to get HDMI Audio working.

Yes, I did notice the link to this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/70765-mountain-lion-hdmi-audio.html
But it's pretty confusing for someone new to the osx86 community.

Also, if there are any 802.11N USB WiFi adapters which will be auto-detected by 10.8.2 I'd be interested to hear about them. I was pretty surprised that the Alfa AWUS036H wasn't auto-detected.

HDMI Audio got no easy solution yet. You really need to do homework.
No USB Wifi is auto-detected. The best one so far is TP-LINK WDN4800 PCI-E Wifi card. It got 450MBps speed and native OS X support.

TL-WDN4800-01.jpg

I am trying to install my B75M-D3P, i5 3570K but keep coming up with a screen resolution problem after multi beast. The screen on install of mountain lion has a few bits missing (the top finder bar), and when mountain lion first boots after install most of the screen is visible (except finder bar and part of the dock. After multibeast install I get 2 partial displays of the top left hand corner of the screen.

Whats happening?

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Tried changing the monitor to 1080p.

Connected to a 1080p tv with hdmi.

Before multibeast
View attachment 38185

After multibeast (set to 1080p)
View attachment 38186

I have also set up another thread as I would like a quick response.

Thanks

Oli

This is not related to this board but related to your TV settings. I have another build connecting to the TV and there is a settings can be done on the TV through the remote control to get it running with everything visable. Read your TV user manual may help.

This is not related to this board but related to your TV settings. I have another build connecting to the TV and there is a settings can be done on the TV through the remote control to get it running with everything visable. Read your TV user manual may help.

Thanks

Ended up testing it on my samsung tv and everything is ok now using under scanning

Moarfish, in MP we were talking about USB 2.0 drives which are not working on USB 3.0 ports.
It seems to be a limitation on our board B75M, because some other guy, like the_gael, has all devices working on the USB 3.0 ports.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/77695-usb-3-not-working-2.html#post494166
He's using a Z77X-UD5H

You really think we might have some more luck, with the next 10.8.3 ?
It seems already working on other boards. Why not ours ?

Moarfish:
Will the VGA port work if I use Nvidia 650Ti for my machine?
I'm planning to build a custom mac with Intel i5 3350P + nvidia 650Ti 1 GB, do you think the non-IGP i5 wouldn't cause any problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back