Contribute
Register

Moarfish's build - GA-B75M-D3H i5 3570K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have that kext there either. As I mentioned, if I don't install FakeSMC plugins I am able to update to 10.8.2 successfully. My problem must be with one of the other 4 kexts the plugins installs.

I still haven't made any progress with my kb/mouse and slow boot issues. Updating the bios didn't help. I've tried AppleACPIPlatform rollback as well as using AppleACPIPlatform and IOUSBFamily from Lion as has been mentioned in other threads regarding slow boot in ML.

I suppose as long as I don't reboot it's not an issue. :p Rather annoying however since there seem to be few of us with this issue while most are working good.

At any rate, thanks for the awesome guide and support Moarfish and community. :thumbup:

I think you and sackboyx are having the exact same problem.
Whould you please two of you list out the whole list of hardware and your steps of installing and see if there is anything in common? In the 2x pages of response, it is just you two that do not have the board working. I am interested to know what is happening.

GA-BB75M-D3P
Xeon e3 1230v2
1x8gb Kingston ValueRam
Geforce 210
Seagate 160g Sata drive for main install
Fujitsu 120gb 2.5" drive for testing
USB KB and Mouse are plugged into Dell Ultrasharp which is plugged into USB 2.0 port on motherboard

Motherboard SATA set to AHCI

Installation steps:
Install ML with Unibeast
Boot hdd with Unibeast - KB/Mouse work fine
Run Multibeast - install kexts exactly as in your guide: ALC887/888b, 3rd Party Sata, Official Realtek
Boot from hdd - kb/mouse take 2-3 minutes to respond unless you sleep/wake cycle

GA-BB75M-D3P
Xeon e3 1230v2
1x8gb Kingston ValueRam
Geforce 210
Seagate 160g Sata drive for main install
Fujitsu 120gb 2.5" drive for testing
USB KB and Mouse are plugged into Dell Ultrasharp which is plugged into USB 2.0 port on motherboard

Motherboard SATA set to AHCI

Installation steps:
Install ML with Unibeast
Boot hdd with Unibeast - KB/Mouse work fine
Run Multibeast - install kexts exactly as in your guide: ALC887/888b, 3rd Party Sata, Official Realtek
Boot from hdd - kb/mouse take 2-3 minutes to respond unless you sleep/wake cycle

My installation process is the same.
My hardware:

GA-B75M-D3H (tried with Bios F6 and F11)
Intel Pentium G620
1x4gb Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB
Galaxy Geforce 210
Samsung 830 SSD 128Gb
Apple wired aluminum keyboard plug on a USB2.0 port
Logitech wired mouse plugged on the other USB2.0 port

Here's the interesting part: I bought this Mobo about 2-3 weeks ago. And, it's Rev-1.1

I'm going to reinstall ML one more time, but this time 1 update/kext at a time. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you for all the help :)

One common thing I can find is that both of you are not using the recommended Ivy Bridge CPU with HD4000 CPU as I have mention on the first post.

There are reports that the old Sandy Bridge CPU need to do more homework to work with this board, I think it is the similar case with your XEON and Pentium CPU.
That is why your build do not work perfectly following exactly my guide.

I do not have these CPUs on hand so I cannot test it out.
May be we can start by disabling the onboard graphics first? Or search for post if there is any one who use XEON or Pentium with the Z77, H77 and B75. I think they should work the same way.

You may need to install SSDT as well if you find that your CPU is locked up at the slow multipier.

One common thing I can find is that both of you are not using the recommended Ivy Bridge CPU with HD4000 CPU as I have mention on the first post.

There are reports that the old Sandy Bridge CPU need to do more homework to work with this board, I think it is the similar case with your XEON and Pentium CPU.
That is why your build do not work perfectly following exactly my guide.

I do not have these CPUs on hand so I cannot test it out.
May be we can start by disabling the onboard graphics first? Or search for post if there is any one who use XEON or Pentium with the Z77, H77 and B75. I think they should work the same way.

You may need to install SSDT as well if you find that your CPU is locked up at the slow multipier.

That does seem to be one of the only non-standard components, but it seems odd to me that the CPU would be causing these issues. The CPU should be fairly flexible. At least in the case of my Xeon, it's basically an Ivy Bridge i7 without integrated graphics and a few extra instruction sets. It shows up properly as a Xeon and at the proper speed. Sleep, shutdown, restart all work properly and I'm getting at least some P-states. With GeneratePStates I have seen 16,17,18,19,20,35. I tried with the SB i7 SSDT and got 16,18,20,21,22,35.

I tried disabling the onboard graphics and setting the default display to PCI but no change.

Ok guys, finally I made some progress. I think I found the problem (maybe pointandclick can confirm this). This is my installation process; testing one change at a time:

ML Unibeast install -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
10.8.2 Combo update -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
Multibeast-"User DSDT or DSDT-Free installation option" -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
Multibeast-"Audio-Realtek option" -> PROBLEMS! (slow boot times, no mouse and keyboard for 2-3 min)

Ok, at this point, I used Multibeast 4.6.1 for Lion to use the "AppleHDA rollback" option. And, Bingo!, problems disappear (fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok). So I continued my testing:

Multibeast-"Network Realtek option" -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
Multibeast-"Disk 3rd party Sata option+Trim 10.8.+ enabler" -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.

So, I have a fully functioning system but without Audio. I have to figure out a different method to install it.
Hope this helps :)

Ok guys, finally I made some progress. I think I found the problem (maybe pointandclick can confirm this). This is my installation process; testing one change at a time:

ML Unibeast install -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
10.8.2 Combo update -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
Multibeast-"User DSDT or DSDT-Free installation option" -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
Multibeast-"Audio-Realtek option" -> PROBLEMS! (slow boot times, no mouse and keyboard for 2-3 min)

Ok, at this point, I used Multibeast 4.6.1 for Lion to use the "AppleHDA rollback" option. And, Bingo!, problems disappear (fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok). So I continued my testing:

Multibeast-"Network Realtek option" -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.
Multibeast-"Disk 3rd party Sata option+Trim 10.8.+ enabler" -> Everything ok, fast boot times + mouse and keyboard work ok.

So, I have a fully functioning system but without Audio. I have to figure out a different method to install it.

Good job!!

Audio do not work after you apply AppleHDA rollback? DId you try my Multibeast 4.6.1 settings on my first page?

May be if that do not work, you need to try Voodoo Audio?

I was coming to a similar conclusion, although I haven't completed my testing.

I had tried removing the 3rd party sata kext previously and saw no change. Since the Unibeast intaller includes a kext for LAN, my guess was on the Audio kext causing the problem.

I did a clean install of 10.8.0 and selected User DSDT/DSDT Free and the Official Realtek kext, restarted and it started up much quicker and kb/mouse were working properly.

GOT IT!! :D

Download v5.0.2 of Multibeast and use it just as the guide says. Apparently something changed in v5.1.2

Everything's working good now on 10.8.0 at least. Now to upgrade and hope nothing breaks. ;)

Edit: Updated successfully to 10.8.2. Using the 5.0.2 FakeSMC plugins, OemSMBIOS was now listed so I was able to delete it and have working hw monitoring.

It's amazing how much headache one little change can cause. :crazy:

GOT IT!! :D

Download v5.0.2 of Multibeast and use it just as the guide says. Apparently something changed in v5.1.2

Everything's working good now on 10.8.0 at least. Now to upgrade and hope nothing breaks. ;)

Right. The 5.1 version got this:
Updated toleda's patched AppleHDAs to the 10.8.2 versions

Well done pointandclick and sackboyx. I will put this useful information on the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back