Contribute
Register

Minimum nVidia graphics required to run MacOS Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news, possibly? A user with a gt710 has reported success with the new software and a few gtx750 users as well, but many Nvidia users are reporting issues. Some folks are replacing kexts from HS or Sierra and reporting some success.

View attachment 351744
Do you know what are the kexts? Can't find on a research

for MacOS Mojave - 10.14.2 bèta 18C31g you dont need anything for Nvidia
it looks like there is support for 700 serie - i dont know 1000serie support

it has OOB Nvidia support, you should try MacOS Mojave - 10.14.2 bèta 18C31g
https://developer.apple.com/news/releases/

MacOS Mojave - 10.14.2 Nvidia kepler support OOB
Pascal chip i don't know

Last edited:
Good info in this thread :D

So I'm thinking about getting a GT 710 to accompany my 980 Ti, and had a couple of questions I wanted to put out there, as I'm sure there are others in my boat looking to do the same thing. (I dual boot macOS and Windows, and my monitor supports multiple inputs).

First question: Is the GT 710 "good enough?". By "good enough," I mean silky-smooth OS animations (minimizing windows, expanding dock stacks, etc) and basic-compatibility with FCP, Photoshop, etc... I'm not seeking perfection in FCP, just as long as it works. But I am seeking silky-smooth OS animations. My display is 2560x1600.

Second Question: If I run the GT 710 alongside my 980 Ti, will I have any issues trying to boot Mojave with both cards installed? Will Mojave freak out when it sees the 980 Ti, or will it simply ignore it, and load the drivers for the GT 710? If it's going to cause problems, maybe it would be simpler to get a cheap AMD card instead of the GT 710, and just categorically disable NVIDIA in Clover. Then, on the Windows side, I would just disable the AMD card.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Nvidia GT710 will work good, 10.14 has kepler chip support. why you should use both cards? i guess als both you dont have any issues. but i should take it out the old 9800
Works OOB, you dont have to tick it in clover, i guess

Hi Friends

i have old machine 2nd ten i7 2600 cpu 16gb ddr3 1333 ram gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3-B3 Mainboard and ATI RADEON 5770 1 GB GDDR5 Vga card...I can try install Mojave ,Everythings fine except Graphic card and I change second hand NVIDIA GT630 2GB pci 8x fanless vga card ...Up Voila everything is perfect....Best and cheap option for Metal support NVIDIA GT630.....All Ports Working ( Triple Monitor )
I have gigabyte gt 630 and I can’t even run HighSierra on it , What is config you’re did to run mojave please?

Hi,
i got a question, i got a HP8300 elite MT core i7 3770 desktop running macos High Sierra with GT-710 2GB ddr3 version and running dual monitors one HDMI and DVI my question is will my GPU gt-710 work with macos Mojave with our web drivers ?

Hi,
i got a question, i got a HP8300 elite MT core i7 3770 desktop running macos High Sierra with GT-710 2GB ddr3 version and running dual monitors one HDMI and DVI my question is will my GPU gt-710 work with macos Mojave with our web drivers ?

The GT 710 is working in many Mojave installations with the standard Apple driver support. Additional nvidia driver support does not exist just right now on Mojave. I am sure if you follow the following guide, then it will be updated in due course:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...the-hp-6300-pro-8300-elite-desktop-pc.243272/

The GT 710 is working in many Mojave installations with the standard Apple driver support. Additional nvidia driver support does not exist just right now on Mojave. I am sure if you follow the following guide, then it will be updated in due course:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...the-hp-6300-pro-8300-elite-desktop-pc.243272/

thank you very much my friend i will reinstall a fresh macos Mojave and send u feedback and i will clone my current os just incase :)

Hi,
both GT 740, GTX 650 and RX 460 are working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back