Contribute
Register

Mini PC AMD Ryzen 7 5700U - Need Installation Help

I named the Airportitlwm.kext as Airportitlwm-Sonoma-144.kext so it was obvious which kext was being used. You won't find the kext named like that on the Intel Wireless site.

The plists with the red line through them in the screenshot below are the ones you need to delete.

View attachment 581522

No WiFi hardware installed, is what I expected.
I deleted everything but it didn't help. After the other EFI, the attached plist file was in the folder. This may help you.

Attachments

• com.apple.wifi.message-tracer.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IOREC.zip
    787.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I just made a video with the EFI that I shouldn't use.

At the beginning you can see the EFI from EdHwk and after the restart it is the wrong one for the SYSTEM. Note the fast boat.

Sorry it took so long on the lookscreen, I pulled out the USB stick for the keyboard and couldn't get it in quickly enough.

After logging in you can see WIFI is there and hardware is installed
your wifi should be set to internal (255) and not USB3 (in your USB settings)

Can you tell me how I have to do that?

Can you tell me how I have to do that?
click the down arrow next to USB3 and change it to internal, then export new USBPorts.kext

Which of these should be for the WIFI card

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 23.09.13.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 23.09.13.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 5
Which of these should be for the WIFI card
in this case, the IOUSBHostDevice should be internal

you should also read this to make sure your other ports are setup correctly:

I saved the kext and set IOUSBHost Device to Internal. After inserting into the EFI and saving and restarting, the Hakintool always says USB3 always jumps back

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 23.51.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-18 um 23.51.30.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 4
I saved the kext and set IOUSBHost Device to Internal. After inserting into the EFI and saving and restarting, the Hakintool always says USB3 always jumps back
then you did something wrong.... going by your image.....

EDIT

also click the broom icon and then the refresh icon to see if it changed anything

Everything was done according to instructions

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-20 um 21.20.11.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-04-20 um 21.20.11.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 4
Everything was done according to instructions

Okay... We can see that the three screengrabs of the USB ports are all different. I suspect the one in post #235 looks the most likely to be correct. :thumbup:

Remember that macOS has no knowledge of AMD USB controllers. We can see the Renoir ones but there is also an ASMedia hub included too.

MacOS can not have 2x of each port - HS01, HS02 etc. for example - so the latest screengrab you posted will not work.

Check if you have any other USB kexts or SSDTs loading. Something is causing all those differences.

:)

Back